2093TS FUNG-WONG (MARIO) Update #016

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Sep 21, 2014

      for Sunday, 21 September 2014 [8:34 PM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      TROPICAL STORM FUNG-WONG (MARIO) UPDATE NUMBER 016
      Issued at: 7:47 PM PhT (11:47 GMT) Sunday 21 September 2014
      Next Update: Monday Morning, 22 September 2014

      Tropical Storm FUNG-WONG (MARIO) has accelerated north-northeastward during the past 6 hours...moving parallel along the eastern shoreline of Taiwan. Strong winds and torrential continues to affect the island nation.

      This cyclone will continue to enhance the Southwest Monsoon (Hanging Habagat) - bringing cloudy and windy conditions with slight to moderate to sometimes heavy rains along the western sections of Northern Luzon this evening until Monday morning. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially during the occurrence of severe thunderstorms. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.

      Residents and visitors along Southeastern China and Taiwan. should closely monitor the development of Fung-Wong (Mario)
      .

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.

      RAINFALL (24-hr Accumulation)

      • Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): La Union, Benguet, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, Abra, Western parts of Mt. Province-Kalinga-Apayao, portion of Northwestern Cagayan, and Babuyan-Calayan-Batanes Group of Islands. Read more...

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 5:00 PM PhT today...0900 GMT.

      Classification/Name: TS Fung-Wong (Mario)
      Location: Along the Eastern Shoreline of Taiwan (near 23.5N 121.7E)
      About: 55 km south of Hualien City, Taiwan...or 300 km north of Itbayat, Batanes
      Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 85 kph near the center...Gustiness: 110 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near, south and east of the center): 100 to 220 mm [Heavy]
      Minimum Central Pressure: 989 millibars (hPa)
      Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 825 km (Medium)
      Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): None
      Past Movement: North-Northeast @ 26 kph
      Forecast Movement: North @ 23 kph
      Towards: Northeastern Taiwan

      2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*

      TS Fung-Wong (Mario) is expected to gain speed as it moves toward the north within the next 24 hours. The cyclone will shift its course to the north-northwest through 36 to 48 hours. On the forecast track, TS Fung-Wong (Mario) will be traversing the northeastern tip of Taiwan this evening...and will exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) around midnight. It will then emerge over the East China Sea by early Monday and is forecast to make landfall over Eastern China, just to the northeast of Wenzhou City by early Monday evening. Fung-Wong will dissipate into an area of low pressure as it moves over land, across Northern Zhejiang and Southern Jiangsu in Eastern China on Tuesday

      TS Fung-Wong (Mario) will weaken after crossing Taiwan...and shall further lose strength after making landfall over Eastern China...dissipating into an area of Low Pressure through 48 hours. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 65 kph by Monday evening.

      The following is the 2-day forecast outlook summary for this system:

      MONDAY AFTERNOON: Weakens slightly...as it prepares to make landfall over the northeastern part of Zhejiang Province...about 100 km east of Wenzhou City, China [2PM SEP 22: 27.9N 121.7E @ 75kph].
      TUESDAY AFTERNOON: Weakens significantly into an area of Low Pressure...over the southeastern part of Jiangsu Province, China...about 85 km south-southwest of Shanghai City, China [2PM SEP 23: 30.5N 121.0E @ 35kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES

      Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Sun Sep 21, 2014
      Location of Center: Near 23.5º N Lat 121.7º E Lon
      Distance 1: 165 km S of Taipei, Taiwan
      Distance 2: 175 km NE of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
      Distance 3: 285 km WSW of Ishigakijima
      Distance 4: 335 km NNW of Basco, Batanes
      Distance 5: 510 km SSE of Wenzhou City, China

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140921115632.gif&t=1516273580&sig=BAmE51dtgheKEGiVowMAvQ--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140921115840.GIF&t=1516273580&sig=HHuR.JeM9R9wZ9i10ctbhA--~D

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE
      :

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F16W%2Fimagery%2Frbtop0-lalo.gif&t=1516273580&sig=b95ELluHSOoqVS8SabY9PA--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TS FUNG-WONG (MARIO)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved