2059TS HALONG (JOSE) Final Update

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Aug 9, 2014

      for Sunday, 10 August 2014 [8:19 AM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      TROPICAL STORM HALONG (JOSE) UPDATE NUMBER 015 [FINAL]
      Issued at: 6:30 AM PhT (22:30 GMT) Sunday 10 August 2014

      HALONG (JOSE) has weakened into a Tropical Storm (TS) and slowed down...just started to make landfall over the main Japanese Island of Shikoku...will cross the mid-western part of Honshu this morning and move out into the Sea of Japan this afternoon.

      *This is the last and final update on TS Halong (Jose).

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected by the current tropical cyclone.

      None.

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 5:00 AM PhT today...2100 GMT.

      Classification/Name: TS Halong (Jose)
      Location: Over the Southern Shores of Shikoku (near 33.3N 133.5E)
      About: 35 km south of Kochi, Japan...or 160 km south-southwest of Okayama, Japan
      Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 100 kph near the center...Gustiness: 130 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center): 150 to 300 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
      Minimum Central Pressure: 978 millibars (hPa)
      Size (in diameter): 890 km (Medium)
      Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 100 kilometers from the center
      Past Movement: North-Northeast @ 13 kph
      Forecast Movement: North-Northeast @ 39 kph
      Towards: Shikoku-Central Honshu-Sea of Japan Area

      1-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*

      TS Halong (Jose) is expected to maintain its north-northeast track throughout the forecast period. On the forecast track, Halong (Jose) will be over Mid-Western part of Honshu this morning - passing very close to Okayama City...and will be over the Sea of Japan this afternoon through Monday.

      Halong (Jose) is forecast to continue losing strength through the next 12 hours...and will then lose Tropical Characteristics and become an Extratropical Cyclone by 24 hours onwards. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 85 kph by early Monday morning.

      The following is the 1-day forecast outlook summary for this system:

      MONDAY EARLY MORNING: Becomes an Extratropical Cyclone while moving across the northern part of the Sea of Japan...about 415 km southeast of Vladivostok, Russia [2AM AUG 11: 40.5N 135.5E @ 85kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES

      Time/Date: 5:00 AM PhT Sun Aug 10, 2014
      Location of Center: Near 33.3º N Lat 133.5º E Lon
      Distance 1: 180 km WSW of Tanabe, Japan
      Distance 2: 185 km WSW of Wakayama, Japan
      Distance 3: 160 km SE of Hiroshima, Japan
      Distance 4: 305 km SW of Kyoto, Japan
      Distance 5: 625 km SW of Tokyo, Japan

      Issued by: David Michael V. Padua for Weather.com.ph

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140809232410.gif&t=1511379118&sig=jFvuvLMV1NavMOJnvp2_Ew--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140809232644.gif&t=1511379118&sig=KzMy7rA9dj87k_u1BLx1Sw--~D

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE
      :

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F11W%2Fimagery%2Frbtop0-lalo.gif&t=1511379118&sig=bnD7wHiLxBcScav4Pj3kTA--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TS HALONG (JOSE)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved