2057Typhoon HALONG (JOSE) Update #012

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Aug 8, 2014

      for Friday, 08 August 2014 [8:00 PM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      TYPHOON HALONG (JOSE) UPDATE NUMBER 012
      Issued at: 6:30 PM PhT (10:30 GMT) Friday 08 August 2014
      Next Update: 6:30 AM PhT (22:30 GMT) Saturday 09 August 2014

      Typhoon HALONG (JOSE) has slightly accelerated as it continues to move towards Southern Japan.

      Residents and visitors along Ryukyu Islands and Southern Japan should closely monitor the development of TY Halong (Jose).

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected by the current tropical cyclone.

      None.

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 5:00 PM PhT today...0900 GMT.

      Classification/Name: TY Halong (Jose)
      Location: Over the Northwest Pacific Ocean, just east of the Ryukyus (near 28.8N 131.5E)
      About: 445 km northeast of Okinawa, Japan...or 1,330 km northeast of Basco, Batanes
      Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 130 kph near the center...Gustiness: 160 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center): 200 to 400 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
      Minimum Central Pressure: 970 millibars (hPa)
      Size (in diameter): 945 km (Medium)
      Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 165 kilometers from the center
      Past Movement: North @ 19 kph
      Forecast Movement: North-Northeast @ 15 kph
      Towards: Southern Japan

      2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*

      TY Halong (Jose) is expected to turn towards the north-northeast throughout the forecast period. On the forecast track, Halong (Jose) will be moving close to the Southeastern Coast of Kyushu, Japan on Saturday afternoon...and will make landfall along Western Shikoku by early Sunday morning.

      Halong (Jose) is forecast to lose strength through 48 hours...before and after making landfall over Western Shikoku...due to the decreasing sea surface temperature along its path and the effect of the mountain ranges of Southern Japan. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 95 kph by Sunday afternoon.

      The following is the 2-day forecast outlook summary for this system:

      SATURDAY AFTERNOON: Loses strength as it moves north-northeast towards Kyushu-Shikoku Area...about 150 km east-southeast of Kagoshima, Japan [2PM AUG 09: 31.1N 132.0E @ 120kph].
      SUNDAY AFTERNOON: Loses strength further after crossing the mountain ranges of Southern Japan...emerges over the Sea of Japan...about 180 km northwest of Kyoto, Japan [2PM AUG 10: 36.6N 134.6E @ 95kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES

      Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Fri Aug 08, 2014
      Location of Eye: Near 28.8º N Lat 131.5º E Lon
      Distance 1: 220 km ENE of Amami Is., Japan
      Distance 2: 565 km SSW of Kochi, Japan
      Distance 3: 870 km NE of Ishigakijima, Japan
      Distance 4: 1070 km ENE of Taipei, Taiwan
      Distance 5: 325 km SSE of Kagoshima, Japan

      Issued by: Leonilo C. Millanes for Weather.com.ph

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140808102017.gif&t=1511379170&sig=MKaPDh3zP98ZKOk1uOth1A--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140808102147.GIF&t=1511379170&sig=sq._LylM7bOBfFIzeUJySw--~D

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE
      :

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F11W%2Fimagery%2Frbtop0-lalo.gif&t=1511379170&sig=EgwLnrT6vdyfJZaOwsRjLA--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TY HALONG (JOSE)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved