T2K Philippine Tropical Outlook [for week Jan 21-27, 2008]

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008

      Typhoon2000 Philippine Tropical Outlook
      For Week: JANUARY 21-27, 2008 [MONDAY TO SUNDAY]
      Issued: 7:00 AM MANILA TIME (23:00 GMT) SAT 19 JANUARY 2008
      Next Update: 7:00 AM (23:00 GMT) SAT 26 JANUARY

      [1] An increased chance of above-average rainfall for Central & Southern
      Philippines, Southern Philippine Sea.
      The effects of a Low Pressure Area &
      La Niña is expected to result in continued wet conditions across the region.
      Confidence: HIGH.

      [2] The passage of Mid-Latitude Frontal System over Southern Japan
      & strong High Pressure Area over China may bring strong & cool north-
      easterly winds accompanied with some rainshowers along Northern
      & Central Philippines (from Batanes down to Bicol & Northern Visayas).

      This wind system is commonly known as the Northeast (NE) Monsoon which
      started in November and ends in March. Confidence: HIGH.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above weekly tropical forecast outlook, does
      not guarantee 100% accuracy! Errors & changes can happen
      within the designated outlook week.

      > This outlook is issued for planners every Saturday. The next Outlook will
        be issued on January 26, 2008.

      Sources: NOAA Global Benefits/Hazards Assessment & Various Numerical Computer Models

      To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms
         used on this update visit the ff:

          http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/severewx/glossary.php