T2K Philippine Tropical Outlook [for week Dec 03-09, 2007]

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007

      Typhoon2000 Philippine Tropical Outlook
      For Week: DECEMBER 03-09, 2007 [MONDAY TO SUNDAY]
      Issued: 7:00 AM MANILA TIME (23:00 GMT) SAT 01 DECEMBER 2007
      Next Update: 7:00 AM (23:00 GMT) SAT 08 DECEMBER

      [1] An increased chance of below-average rainfall for the South China Sea,
      The Philippines & the Philippine Sea.
      This temporary suppressed convection
      and dry conditions in this area, which is interrupting the general widespread
      wet conditions typical during La Niña may extend until next week.
      Confidence: MODERATE.

      [2] The presence of strong winter High Pressure Area over China & a passage
      of a Middle-Latitude Frontal System over Southern Japan may bring strong &
      cool northeasterly winds accompanied with some rainshowers along the
      Eastern parts of the Philippines (from Batanes, Bicol down to Surigao area).
      This wind system is commonly known as the Northeast (NE) Monsoon which
      climatically starts in November and ends until early March. Confidence: HIGH.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above weekly tropical forecast outlook, does not guarantee
      100% accuracy! Errors & changes can happen
      within the designated outlook week.

      > This outlook is issued for planners every Saturday. The next Outlook will
        be issued on December 08.

      Sources: NOAA Global Benefits/Hazards Assessment & Various Numerical Computer Models

      To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms
         used on this update visit the ff:

          http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/severewx/glossary.php