TS DOKSURI [DINDO] - Final Update

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012

      for Saturday, 30 June 2012 [2:09 PM PhT]

      click to get RSS data

      Typhoon2000 (T2K) NEWS (Saturday June 30 2012):

      Ending the irregular 6-hrly web, email, & iTyphoon app updates on DOKSURI.

      DOKSURI MAX WIND SPEED PER AGENCY:

      + USA (JTWC/1-min avg): 65 km/hr
      + Japan (JMA/10-min avg): 55 km/hr
      + Philippines (PAGASA/10-min avg): -- km/hr
      + Beijing (NMC/2-min avg): -- km/hr
      + Taiwan (CWB/10-min avg): 75 km/hr
      + Korea (KMA/10-min avg): -- km/hr

      + Hong Kong (HKO/10-min avg): 45 km/hr
      :: Click here to see Multi-Agency Forecast Tracks

      TROPICAL STORM DOKSURI [DINDO/07W/1206]
      T2K PUBLIC ADVISORY NUMBER 009 **FINAL**

      11:00 AM PhT (03:00 GMT) Sat 30 June 2012
      Source: T2K Analysis/JTWC TC Warning #015/SatFixes
      Tropical Storm DOKSURI (DINDO) has started to dissipate over the rugged terrain of Southern China...decaying rainbands dumping rains across Western Guangdong.

      DOKSURI (DINDO) will continue to enhance the Southwest Monsoon (aka. Habagat) across the West Philippine Sea and Palawan. Breezy to windy conditions & cloudy skies w/ occasional to widespread rains, thunderstorms & squalls will be expected along these areas today.

      *This is the last and final advisory on DOKSURI (DINDO).

      Do not use this for life or death decision. This advisory is intended for additional information purposes only. Kindly refer to your country's official weather agency for local warnings, advisories & bulletins.

      CURRENT STORM INFORMATION

      Time/Date: 11:00 AM PhT Sat June 30 2012
      Location of Center: 22.9� N Lat 111.3� E Lon
      Distance 1: 196 km NNE of Zhanjiang, China
      Distance 2: 239 km WNW of Macau
      Distance 3: 308 km WNW of Hong Kong
      Distance 4: 1,100 km NW of Laoag City
      Distance 5: 1,137 km WNW of Basco, Batanes
      MaxWinds (1-min avg): 65 kph (35 kts) near the center
      Peak Wind Gusts: 85 kph (45 kts)
      Present Movement: WNW @ 24 kph (13 kts)
      Towards: Southern China
      NOAA 24hr Rainfall Accum (near center): 350 mm (High)
      Minimum Central Pressure: 996 millibars (hPa)
      Saffir-Simpson Typhoon Scale: TS
      Size (in Diameter): 445 km (240 nm) [Average]
      Wind Area Distribution (in Knots): Current Wind Profile
      Max Sea Wave Height (near center): -- ft
      Possible Storm Surge Height: 0 ft [0m]
      Wunder Final TrackMap (for Public): 8 AM PhT Sat June 30

      1-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK & ANALYSIS*

      DOKSURI (DINDO) is expected to move west-northwestward throughout the forecast period. On the forecast track, the core of Doksuri will continue traverse the mountainous terrain of Southern China and completely dissipate on Sunday.

      Maximum Sustained Winds (1-min. avg) are near 65 km/hr (35 knots) with higher gusts. Rapid decrease in strength will continue as the system move across Southern China.

      DOKSURI is a large-sized tropical cyclone with a diameter of 445 kilometers (240 nautical miles).

      The following is the summary of the 1-day forecast outlook on this system:

      SUNDAY MORNING: Dissipated over mainland China...just an area of low pressure [8AM JUL 01: 24.4N 106.7E @ 35kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 3 Forecast Track have an average error of 250 km...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      EFFECTS & HAZARDS SUMMARY

      Below is the summary of the storm's parts and its hazards affecting specific areas:

      DECAYING RAINBANDS - affecting & spreading across Southern China particularly Guangdong Province. Cloudy/Rainy Conditions w/ moderate to strong winds (<62 kph) will be expected along these bands (click here to know more about Rainbands).
      24HR TOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATION - from 5 up to 200 mm (low to high rainfall) can be expected along areas affected by the outer & inner rainbands (see above)...with isolated amounts of 201 to 350 mm (high) along areas near the center of Doksuri (Dindo). (click to open NOAA's eTRaP graphic).

      TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCH

      Tropical Disturbance 96W (LPA) trying to consolidate as its circulation not well organized. However, various dynamic computer models continues to show the development into a Tropical Depression within the next 24 to 48 hours. Its center was located about 992 km SE of Palau or 1,835 km SE of Mindanao (7.7N 139.0E)...maximum sustained winds of 35 kph, moving WNW @ 26 kph towards Western Micronesia. The 24-hour TC Formation Potential remains HIGH (>50%).

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above forecast outlook, effects-hazards, current monsoon intensity, & tropical cyclone watch changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      External Links for TS DOKSURI (DINDO)

      View NOAA-CIRA's: Latest Full Wind Analysis
      JTWC Latest Tracking Chart: wp0712.gif
      Multi-Agency Forecast TrackMap: Near Real-Time
      TSR Wind Probabilities: Current to 1 Day Ahead
      JAXA TRMM Page: Latest Rainrate (in mm/hr)
      NASA TRMM Page: DOKSULI's Rainrate Archives (in mm/hr)
      Zoomed Satellite Pic: NOAA's Near Real-Time
      Wunderground Animation: 6-12 hr. GIF Loop

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE IMAGE:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F07W%2Fimagery%2Frgb0.jpg&t=1511152575&sig=lb8W85jWMlbwIdmzSZM9zg--~D

      CURRENT WUNDERGROUND TRACKING CHART:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Ficons-pe.wunderground.com%2Fdata%2Fimages%2Fwp201207_5day.gif&t=1511152575&sig=d2rlz87GhZBSFLQrO3MSfA--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TS DOKSURI (DINDO)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2012 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved