TS SANVU [03W] - Final Update

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2012

      for Sunday, 27 May 2012 [7:22 PM PhT]

      click to get RSS data

      Typhoon2000 (T2K) NEWS (Sunday May 27 2012):

      Just ended the 6-hrly web, email, & iTyphoon app updates (except 12:00 Midnight) on SANVU (03W), as it lost its tropical characteristics.

      SANVU MAX WIND SPEED PER AGENCY:

      + USA (JTWC/1-min avg): 85 km/hr
      + Japan (JMA/10-min avg): 85 km/hr
      + Philippines (PAGASA/10-min avg): -- km/hr
      + Beijing (NMC/2-min avg): -- km/hr
      + Taiwan (CWB/10-min avg): 85 km/hr
      + Korea (KMA/10-min avg): -- km/hr

      + Hong Kong (HKO/10-min avg): -- km/hr
      :: Click here to see Multi-Agency Forecast Tracks

      TROPICAL STORM SANVU [03W/1202]
      T2K PUBLIC ADVISORY NUMBER 017 **FINAL**

      5:00 PM PhT (09:00 GMT) Sun 27 May 2012
      Source: T2K Analysis/JTWC TC Warning #025/SatFixes
      Tropical Storm SANVU (03W) has started transitioning into an Extratropical Cyclone.

      *This is the last and final advisory on SANVU.

      Do not use this for life or death decision. This advisory is intended for additional information purposes only. Kindly refer to your country's official weather agency for local warnings, advisories & bulletins.

      CURRENT STORM INFORMATION

      Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Sun May 27 2012
      Location of Center: 28.1º N Lat 147.6º E Lon
      Distance 1: 565 km ENE of Chichi Jima
      Distance 2: 676 km ENE of Bonin Island
      Distance 3: 726 km ENE of Iwo To
      MaxWinds (1-min avg): 85 kph (45 kts) near the center
      Peak Wind Gusts: 100 kph (55 kts)
      Present Movement: ENE @ 28 kph (15 kts)
      Towards: NW Pacific Ocean
      NOAA 12-18hr Rainfall Accum (near center): 100 mm (High)
      Minimum Central Pressure: 989 millibars (hPa)
      Saffir-Simpson Typhoon Scale: TS
      Size (in Diameter): 560 km (300 nm) [Avg]
      Wind Area Distribution (in Knots): Current Wind Profile
      Max Sea Wave Height (near center): 20 ft
      Possible Storm Surge Height: 1-3 ft [0.3-0.9 m]
      Wunder Final TrackMap (for Public): 2 PM PhT Sun May 27

      12-HR FORECAST OUTLOOK & ANALYSIS*

      SANVU is expected to continue moving ENE for the next 12 hours across the open sea.

      Maximum Sustained Winds (1-min. avg) are near 85 km/hr (45 knots) with higher gusts. SANVU is expected to continue losing strength and will become an Extratropical Cyclone on Monday.

      Tropical Storm Force Winds (62-117 km/hr) extend outward up to 250 kilometers (135 nautical miles) from the center. SANVU is an average-sized tropical cyclone with a diameter of 560 kilometers (300 nautical miles).

      The following is the summary of the 12-hour forecast outlook on this system:

      MONDAY EARLY MORNING:  Attains Extratropical status as it continues to lose strength...tracking ENE-ward [2AM MAY 28: 29.7N 150.2E @ 75kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 3 Forecast Track have an average error of 250 km...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      EFFECTS & HAZARDS SUMMARY

      Below is the summary of the storm's parts and its hazards affecting specific areas:

      INNER RAINBANDS - over water (Western Pacific Ocean)...not affecting land areas. Tropical Storm Conditions with Tropical Storm Force Winds (62-100 kph) will be expected along these bands.
      OUTER RAINBANDS - over water (Western Pacific Ocean)...no longer affecting any land areas. Cloudy/Rainy Conditions w/ moderate to strong winds (<62 kph) will be expected along these bands (click here to know more about Rainbands).
      24HR TOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATION - from 5 up to 25 mm (low rainfall) can be expected along areas affected by the outer & inner rainbands (see above)...with isolated amounts of 26 to 100 mm (high) along areas near the center of SANVU (03W). (click to open NOAA's eTRaP graphic).

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above forecast outlook, effects-hazards, current monsoon intensity, & tropical cyclone watch changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      External Links for TS SANVU (03W)

      View NOAA-CIRA's: Latest Full Wind Analysis
      JTWC Latest Tracking Chart: wp0312.gif
      Multi-Agency Forecast TrackMap: Near Real-Time
      TSR Wind Probabilities: Current to 12-hour Ahead
      JAXA TRMM Page: Latest Rainrate (in mm/hr)
      NASA TRMM Page: SANVU's Rainrate Archives (in mm/hr)
      Zoomed Satellite Pic: NOAA's Near Real-Time
      Wunderground Animation: 6-12 hr. GIF Loop

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TS SANVU (03W)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2012 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved