TS WASHI [SENDONG] - Update #019

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2011

      for Monday, 19 December 2011 [5:43 PM PhT]

      click to get RSS data

      Typhoon2000 (T2K) NEWS (Saturday Dec 17 2011):

      Currently issuing 6-hrly web, email, & iTyphoon app updates (except 12:00 Midnight) on WASHI (SENDONG).

      WASHI (SENDONG) MAX WIND SPEED PER AGENCY:

      + USA (JTWC/1-min avg): 55 km/hr
      + Japan (JMA/10-min avg): 65 km/hr
      + Philippines (PAGASA/10-min avg): -- km/hr
      + Beijing (NMC/2-min avg): 75 km/hr
      + Taiwan (CWB/10-min avg): 75 km/hr
      + Korea (KMA/10-min avg): 65 km/hr

      + Hong Kong (HKO/10-min avg): 65 km/hr
      :: Click here to see Multi-Agency Forecast Tracks

      TROPICAL DEPRESSION WASHI [SENDONG/27W/1121]
      T2K PUBLIC ADVISORY NUMBER 019

      5:00 PM PhT (09:00 GMT) Mon 19 Dec 2011
      Source: T2K Analysis/JTWC TC Warning #025/SatFixes
      WASHI (SENDONG) downgraded to a Tropical Depression while over the South China Sea...likely to dissipate within 24 hours.

      Meanwhile, WASHI continues to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (aka. Amihan) across Northern Luzon. Windy conditions, cooler temperatures, & cloudy skies w/ passing occasional to widespread rains will be expected. Rough seas along the coastal areas facing the Philippine Sea will prevail.

      Sailors, Mariners and Sea Navigators near its path should closely monitor the progress of WASHI (SENDONG).

      Do not use this for life or death decision. This advisory is intended for additional information purposes only. Kindly refer to your country's official weather agency for local warnings, advisories & bulletins.

      CURRENT STORM INFORMATION

      Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Mon December 19 2011
      Location of Center: 9.9º N Lat 111.6º E Lon
      Distance 1: 324 km WSW of Pagasa Island
      Distance 2: 366 km SE of Nha Trang, Vietnam
      Distance 3: 545 km ESE of Ho Chi Minh City
      Distance 4: 778 km West of Puerto Princesa
      MaxWinds (1-min avg): 55 kph (30 kts) near the center
      Peak Wind Gusts: 75 kph (40 kts)
      Present Movement: West @ 17 kph (09 kts)
      Towards: South China Sea
      NOAA 12-18hr Rainfall Accum (near center): 130 mm (High)
      TRMM Rainrate (near center): 30-50 mm/hr (Mod-Heavy)
      Minimum Central Pressure: 993 millibars (hPa)
      Saffir-Simpson Typhoon Scale: Tropical Depression
      Size (in Diameter): 370 km (200 nm) [Average]
      Wind Area Distribution (in Knots): Current Wind Profile
      Max Sea Wave Height (near center): 9 ft
      Possible Storm Surge Height: 0 ft [0 m]
      Wunder TrackMap (for Public): 2 PM PhT Mon Dec 19

      1-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK & ANALYSIS*

      WASHI (SENDONG) is expected to move SW-ward over the next 12 hours and dissipate over the South China Sea in 24 hours.

      Maximum Sustained Winds (1-min. avg) have decreased to near 55 km/hr (30 knots) with higher gusts. WASHI (SENDONG) is a Tropical Depression (TD) on the Saffir-Simpson Tropical Cyclone Scale. .

      The following is the summary of the 1-day forecast outlook on this system:

      TUESDAY EARLY MORNING:  Continues to weaken as it moves SW across the open waters of the South China Sea, south of Vietnam [2AM DEC 20: 9.2N 110.1E @ 45kph].
      TUESDAY AFTERNOON:  Dissipated over water (South China Sea)...just an area of low pressure [2PM DEC 20: 8.3N 107.9E @ 35kph].

      EFFECTS & HAZARDS SUMMARY

      Below is the summary of the storm's parts and its hazards affecting specific areas:

      RAINBANDS - over water (South China Sea)...not affecting any land areas. Cloudy/Rainy Conditions w/ light to moderate winds (<44 kph) will be expected along these bands (click here to know more about Rainbands).
      12-18HR TOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATION - from 5 up to 200 mm (low to high rainfall) can be expected along areas affected by the rainbands (see above)...with isolated amounts of 201 to 350 mm (high) along areas near the center of WASHI (SENDONG). (click to open NOAA's eTRaP graphic).

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above forecast outlook, effects-hazards, current monsoon intensity, & tropical cyclone watch changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      External Links for TD WASHI (SENDONG)

      PAGASA@Twitter: Hourly Updates
      View NOAA-CIRA's: Latest Full Wind Analysis
      JTWC Latest Tracking Chart: wp2711.gif
      Multi-Agency Forecast TrackMap: Near Real-Time
      TSR Wind Probabilities: Current to 1 day Ahead
      JAXA TRMM Page: Latest Rainrate (in mm/hr)
      NASA TRMM Page: WASHI's Rainrate Archives (in mm/hr) new!
      Zoomed Satellite Pic: NOAA's Near Real-Time
      Wunderground Animation: 6-12 hr. GIF Loop

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TS WASHI (SENDONG)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2011 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved