Saturday October 2, 2010, Obituaries and Memorials in Windsor, Ontario, Canada & Area

  • RICHARD PIET
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      Barnes, Albert
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BARNES, Albert Passed away peacefully at his home where he was born, surrounded by his family at 84 years of age on Friday October 1, 2010. He was the son of Edward and Florence Barnes. He is survived by his sister Jean Grant. Predeceased his brothers Henry and Percy, his sisters Ethel, Ola Lankin, Marylin and brothers-in-law Ervin Grant and Charlie Lankin. Beloved Uncle of Irene Grant, Erle Grant, Barbara and Mike Dupuis. Great Uncle of Stacey Weir, Shannon Dalrymple and Shawn Dupuis and Great-Great Uncle of Noah, Hayleigh and Erynn Weir, Jacob, Sydney and Brayden Dalrymple. Family will receive friends at the Secord & Smith Funeral Home, Cty Road 34, Maidstone 519-737-1133 on Saturday October 2, 2010 from 7-9pm and Sunday October 3, 2010 from 2-5pm and 7-9pm. A funeral service will be conducted from the funeral home on Monday October 4, 2010 at 1:00pm with Pastor Linda Blair officiating. Burial to follow at Greenlawn Cemetery. As your expression of sympathy donations may be made to Canadian Cancer Society. Online condolences www.secordsmithfh.ca
      Published in the Windsor Star from 10/2/2010 - 10/4/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Battagello, Yolanda (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BATTAGELLO, Yolanda In loving memory of Yolanda Battagello who passed away September 27, 2010. Sorrowfully missed by sister Catherine Pozzobon, brother Hector Rossini and wife Ursula. In memory of our dear sister You are not forgotten Nor ever shall you be As long as life and memory last We shall remember thee.
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Bechard, William
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BECHARD, William (Bill) On September 30th, 2010, at 63 years of age at Windsor Regional Hospital Met Campus, with his wife and daughters at his side. Beloved husband of Cathy (nee Gignac). Predeceased by his parents Hector and Marjorie (nee McCrimmon). Dearest father to Angela, Jennifer Jackson and husband David Jr. Dearest brother of Mary Margaret Ryan and husband Gary, Patricia Paquette and her late husband Ted, Doug and wife Theresa, James and wife Mary-Ellen, John, Debbie Langlois and husband Brian, and the late Robert. Dear son-in-law to Edmund Gignac. Many nieces and nephews survive. Bill was a retiree of Ford Motor Company, a member of the C.A.W., Local 200, and the General Gun Club. Visitation at the Janisse Bros - Marcotte Funeral Home, 1139 Ouellette Ave. (519- 253-5225) on Sunday, October 3rd from 7 9:00 p.m. and Monday, from 2 5 and 7 9:00p.m. with parish prayers at 3:30 p.m. Please Note: Family and friends are requested to meet at St. Theresa Church, 1991 Norman Rd. on Tuesday, October 5th, 2010, after 10:00 a.m. until Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. Interment Heavenly Rest Cemetery. The family invites you to Share your Memories and sign the Book of Condolence at www.janissemarcotte.ca
      Published in the Windsor Star from 10/2/2010 - 10/4/2010
      NoticeGuest BookFuneral home info
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Bellmore, Elda
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BELLMORE, Elda (nee Renaud) Passed away peacefully with family by her side on October 1, 2010 at 87 years of age. Beloved wife of the late Aurel (1994). Dear mother of Jo-Anne (Doug) Beach, Jean (Richard) Herdman, Madeline (Ernest) Trepanier, Aurel Jr. (Kathryn) Bellmore, and Susan (Brad) Brown. Loving Meme of Jeff (Colleen) Beach, Jennifer (Paul) Taylor, Debbie (Jason) Fuerth, Scott (Dawn) Herdman, Michelle (Jimi) Knight, Michael (Nikki) Bellmore, Jacqueline (Joe) Kinney, Janis (Don) Jaksa, Nicole (Michael) Paterson and Nathan (Kristen) Brown. Special great meme to Shane Bellmore, A.J. Knight, Zac and Ty Fuerth, Abby and Cole Herdman, Reese and Brynn Bellmore, Sela Taylor, Zoe and Phoebe Jaksa, Grace and Ava Paterson and Lily Beach. Elda was the daughter of the late Ulric and Estelle Renaud and step-daughter of the late Carl Bohnansuh. Dear sister of the late Cecile Delisle (1987), Leo and the late Joyce Renaud, Roy (Lauretta) Renaud and Sister Lena Renaud SOS. Sister-in-law of Alfred Delisle and Barbara Bellemore. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Elda was a longtime member of Holy Name of Jesus Church. She was a very loving and devoted mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother who will be forever missed. Elda is resting at the Kennedy Funeral Home Ltd. (519-776-7378) 128 Talbot St. North, Essex on Sunday from 2-5 and 7-9 p.m. Parish Prayers Sunday 7:30 p.m. Funeral leaving the funeral home on Monday at 10:15 a.m. to Holy Name of Jesus Church (146 Talbot St. South, Essex) for the Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. Interment will follow at St. Clement's Cemetery, McGregor. In lieu of flowers, donations to the VON Canada Foundation would be appreciated by the family. You may send your condolences at www.kennedyfh.com
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest BookFuneral home info
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Biekx, Judy (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BIEKX, Judy (nee Graham) Mar. 25, 1963 - Oct. 2, 2009 We little knew that morning, God was going to call your name In life we loved you dearly, In death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, You did not go alone, For part of us went with you The day God called you home. You left us beautiful memories, Your love is still our guide, And though we cannot see you, You are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, And nothing seems the same, But as God calls us one by one, The chain will link again. Always Loved & Never Forgotten Love Ed, Tracey, Jeffery, Jennifer, Mark and Scott
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Boulton, Dorothy
       View/Sign Guest Book

      BOULTON, Dorothy May (Pizzey) 98 years. Passed away October 1, 2010 Late of Franklin Gardens, Leamington, formerly of Harrow. Predeceased by her husband Charles (2005). Beloved mother of Golda and Pat Lounsbury, John and Donna Boulton, Harrow, Margaret and Arthur Heaton, St. Clair Beach. Loving grandma of Bob and Lynn Lounsbury, Lawrence and Liz Lounsbury, Chuck and Diane Fawdry, Cathy and Tom McWhinnie, Richard and Roxanne Boulton, David and Michelle Boulton, Michael and Margaret Boulton, Shelley and Tony Everett, John Heaton and Allison, Jennifer and Mark Ruston. Predeceased by her grandson Jeff Boulton. Dear great grandma of 22 great grandchildren. Predeceased by her great grandson Thomas Fawdry. Dear great great grandma of 6 great great grandchildren. Dear sister of Kay, Mrs. Tommy Hammond, Mary, Mrs. Bob Sinton, Dora, Mrs. John Larner, Isabelle, Mrs. David Lane, England. Predeceased by two brothers and one sister. Dear sister-in-law of Aubrey Boulton, England. Resting at Gerald A. Smith Funeral Home 197 King St. W. Harrow. Visitation Sunday 2-5 & 7-9 p.m. A Service to Celebrate Dorothy's life will be held Monday October 4, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at Christ Church Colchester with Rev. Christine Downey officiating. Interment at Iler Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Christ Church Colchester or the Salvation Army. You may send your online condolences to www.geraldasmith.ca
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Clayden, Geraldean
       View/Sign Guest Book

      CLAYDEN, Geraldean "Gerry" (nee Rushton) 93 years. Passed away peacefully at Hospice Residential Village on Friday, October 1, 2010. Beloved wife of the late William "Bill" Clayden (1985). Dear mother of Terry & his wife Marie, Dale & his wife Bonnie. Loving grandmother of Bradley & his wife Dawn, Brock, Wesley and Robert and great grandmother of Lia. Dear sister-in-law of Betty Rushton and Hazelmae Rushton. Gerry will also be missed by several nieces and nephews. Gerry was a member of St. Paul's United Church, where she was a Trustee and a life-long member of the U.C.W. She was a volunteer with Meals on Wheels and the Cancer Clinic at Met Hospital for many years. In keeping with Gerry's wishes, there will be no visitation. A Private Family gathering to inter her Cremated Remains was held at Greenlawn Memorial Gardens. If desired, memorial donations may be made to St. Paul's United Church, Windsor or to the Hospice of Windsor & Essex County by contacting the Anderson Funeral Home & Cremation Centre at (519) 254-3223. Please join us in remembering Gerry by visiting her memorial at www.andersonfuneralhomewindsor.com
      logo
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Crocker, Everett
       View/Sign Guest Book

      CROCKER, Everett Lindberg "Lindy" 76 Years. Died on September 6, 2010 at Windsor, Ontario. By family request, cremation has taken place and interment will take place on a late date in St. John's Newfoundland. Funeral arrangements entrusted to Marcotte Funeral Home, 12105 Tecumseh Road, Tecumseh, (519-735-2830). The Family invites you to sign the Book of Condolence and share your memories on www.marcottetecumseh.ca .
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest BookFuneral home info
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Delaney, Harold (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      DELANEY, Harold (Pat) Beloved Father, Pipi and Great Grandfather, October 3, 1966. Always in our thoughts Forever in our hearts. -- Sally, Pete and Family
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Desmedt, Shirley (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      DESMEDT, Shirley In loving memory of a dear Mother and Grandmother who passed away Oct. 2, 2007 We are sad within our memory Lonely are our hearts to-day For the one we loved so dearly Has forever been called away We think of her in silence No eye may see us weep But many silent tears are shed When others are asleep. Sadly missed and loved forever, Sherri & John, and Karin grandchildren, Brooke, Adam, Kara & Kyle
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Dimmel, D.J. (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      DIMMEL, D.j. Dec. 4, 1975-Oct. 3, 2003 Beautiful memories are recalled On this day and everyday. You have been dearly missed. Love Always, Dad and Mom Michelle, Jeff, Wyatt and Addisyn
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Ditzend, Anton
       View/Sign Guest Book

      DITZEND, Anton At Leamington Hospital on Thursday, September 30, 2010. Age 91 years. Late of Kingsville. Beloved husband of Katherina (nee Schlechter). Loving father of Elizabeth Hotz and husband Fred, Kingsville. Dear grandfather of Michael and wife Tasha; Nicholas and wife Christina and Adam Hotz. Brother-in-law of Maria Ditzend and Elizabeth Weisgerber. Predeceased by one brother, Frank and one sister, Lena. Resting at the C. Stuart Sykes Funeral Home, 91 Division St. S., Kingsville from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 3rd. Funeral Service from the First Lutheran Church, Kingsville on Monday, Oct. 4th at 11 a.m. Interment in Greenhill Cemetery, Kingsville. If desired, donations to the First Lutheran Church, Kingsville or the Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated. Condolences may be left at www.sykesfuneralhome.ca
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Fedak, Teddy (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      FEDAK, Teddy Oct 1, 1939 - Aug 10, 2009 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Dad, our sadness knows no end We can't believe you're gone We're grieving for you every day It's hard to carry on. We're trying to communicate We hope that you can hear Expressing what we feel for you Helps us feel you're near. Our memories of the times we had Help the pain to go away. But Dad, our lives won't be the same. We'll miss you everyday. Love your daughter, Kathy & son-in-law Randy, and grandchildren, Ricky, Maggie, Kristen, Danielle, Sammy and Robbie XO
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Figliuzzi, Maria (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      FIGLIUZZI, Maria Saverina October 3, 2005 In loving memory of a devoted Wife, Mom & Nonna. We think of you everyday each in our own way --Loved and sadly missed by husband Ventura, daughters & their families.
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Hansen, Jan (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      HANSEN, Jan 6 Years Today Always in our hearts. Loving and missing you. Love Johanna, Meaghan and Marshall
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Hoffmann, Karl
       View/Sign Guest Book

      HOFFMANN, Karl Passed away peacefully, surrounded by his loving family, on September 30, 2010 at 89 years of age. Beloved husband of 62 years to Luise. Cherished father of Reinhardt and wife Jane, and Eckhardt and wife Jan. Dear opa of Bradley and Tylene, Kyle and Chelsea, Jessica, and Allison. Loving great-opa of Braedon and Madison. Special uncle of Axel and Mary of Germany. He was a dedicated tool and die maker for 50 years. Cremation has taken place. As per his wishes, there will be no funeral service.
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Imola, Angelo (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      IMOLA, Angelo Aug. 22, 1948 - Oct. 2, 2007 It is so difficult to believe that 3 years have passed since you left us. This day is remembered so vividly deep within our hearts. Not a day that goes by we do not think of you and treasure all the wonderful memories we shared. We love and miss you terribly. Your loving Mother Michelina, Rosie, Daniela, Eugene, John, Tony, Anna, and family.
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Ladouceur, Ricky (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      LADOUCEUR, Ricky What would I give to clasp his hand, his happy face to see; To hear his voice, to see his smile, that meant so much to me. Love Mom & Jim, and sister Cheryl xoxoxo
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Lajoie, Lloyd (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      LAJOIE, Lloyd Larry September 26, 1916 - October 7, 2004 TO MY BELOVED HUSBAND I remember the day I met you, And the day God made you mine. I remember the day God took you and will, till the end of time. I lost my soul's companion, A life linked with my own. Day by day I miss you more and more, as I walk through life alone. Amid all my tears and heartaches, there's one thing that makes me GLAD. That you chose me to be with you, For a wonderful 59 years we had. God gave me the strength to face it, and the courage to bear the blow, but what it meant to lose you, no one will ever know. I hold you close within my heart, And there you will remain. To walk with me throughout my life, until we meet again. You are still with me everywhere I go. You were my life, now it is empty. With all my love forever Love, Peg
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Lajoie, Lloyd (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      LAJOIE, Lloyd Larry September 26, 1916 - October 7, 2004 You are always on our minds and always in our hearts. Sadly missed by daughter Christine Gillis, grandchildren Kevin Menkin, Michelle Gillis and great-grandchildren Samantha, Owen and Nicolas.
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Lapico, Vincenzo (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      LAPICO, Vincenzo June 17, 1950 - October 3, 2009 Always Remembered Never Forgotten Your Beloved Family
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Mulatti, Gabrio (Memoriam)
       View/Sign Guest Book

      MULATTI, Gabrio (Gabe) It's been two long and sad years since you left us grieving. Many see us moving through life and think we're over our sorrow. Nothing could be farther from the truth! You're missed every single second of every day. We miss your happy grin, your relentless humour, your never ending thoughtfulness of others, YOUR LOVE OF FAMILY AND MOST OF ALL HOW FULL OF LIFE YOU ALWAYS WERE. A scar has replaced the wound in our hearts, but the terrible pain remains within. There is an empty space in ALL our hearts but we must have faith that someday it will be filled with "hope" again. Your life was brief but so profound and you will always be our one and only "SONSHINE". From all the hearts you touched, Dad, Mom and especially ALL your Family & Friends.
      logo
      Published in the Windsor Star on 10/2/2010
      NoticeGuest Book
      Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.
      Painter, Linda (Memoriam)