Twinkle 0.9 released

  • Michel de Boer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      Twinkle 0.9 has just been released.

      01 oct 2006 - Release 0.9
      =========================
      - Supports Phil Zimmermann's ZRTP and SRTP for
      secure voice communication.
      ZRTP/SRTP is provided by the latest version (1.5.0) of the
      GNU ccRTP library.
      The implementation is interoperable with Zfone beta2
      - SIP INFO method (RFC 2976)
      - DTMF via SIP INFO
      - G.726 codec (16, 24, 32 and 48 kbps modes)
      - Option to hide display
      - CLI command "answerbye" to answer an incoming or hangup an established
      call
      - Switch lines from system tray menu
      - Answer or reject a call from the KDE systray popup on incoming call
      - Icons to indicate line status
      - Default NIC option in system settings
      - Accept SDP offer without m= lines (RFC 3264 section 5, RFC 3725 flow IV)

      Bug fixes
      ---------
      - t_audio::open did not return a value
      - segmentation fault when quitting Twinkle in transient call state
      - Twinkle did not accept message/sipfrag body with a single CRLF at the end
      - user profile could not be changed on service redirect dialog
      - Twinkle did not react to 401/407 authentication challenges for
      PRACK, REFER, SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY

      Build changes
      -------------
      - For ZRTP support you need to install libzrtpcpp first. This library
      comes as an extension library with ccRTP.

      --
      Michel de Boer
      www.twinklephone.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        --- In twinklephone@yahoogroups.com, Michel de Boer <michel@...>
        wrote:

        > Twinkle 0.9 has just been released.

        CONGRATULATIONS!
        just wonder what the changelog-entries really mean. probably i'm too
        drunk in this very moment to understand.
        i'm curious how U will fill the 0.9.0 to 1.0.0 gap with such a lot
        of useful things U intended still to do.
        on the other side: twinkle REALLY should have achieved 2.0 state
        long ago ;-))) (just numeric to represent your brilliant work, U
        know?!).

        Urs
        jOERG

        ps.: please(!!!) come up with an RPM to install 0.9 flawlessly on
        any SuSE10.1 (_all_ of the libs included!)
        not just everybody has a GCC on his system - maybe just for lack of
        space.
      • Michel de Boer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
          > i'm curious how U will fill the 0.9.0 to 1.0.0 gap with such a lot
          > of useful things U intended still to do.

          I could always go for 0.10.0 The gap is of infinite size :)

          > on the other side: twinkle REALLY should have achieved 2.0 state
          > long ago ;-))) (just numeric to represent your brilliant work, U
          > know?!).

          Or I could take the microsoft approach and jump to 7.0

          > ps.: please(!!!) come up with an RPM to install 0.9 flawlessly on
          > any SuSE10.1 (_all_ of the libs included!)
          > not just everybody has a GCC on his system - maybe just for lack of
          > space.

          How can a hacker live without gcc???
          I cannot build suse 10.1 RPMs. They will appear in the suse apt
          repository one of these days.

          Cheers,
          Michel

          --
          Michel de Boer
          www.twinklephone.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
            wrote:
            > > ps.: please(!!!) come up with an RPM to install 0.9 flawlessly
            on
            > > any SuSE10.1 (_all_ of the libs included!)
            > I cannot build suse 10.1 RPMs. They will appear in the suse apt
            > repository one of these days.

            i downloaded all the *suse100*.rpm files from twinklephone.com,
            installed them in root-xterm with
            `rpm -i <filename>`
            on my 10.1 suse.
            right sequence (think: commoncppm ccrtp libzrtp twinkle0.9) and
            ignored the keywarnings

            didn`t get it with yast, seems totally broken on 10.1. but rpm is
            fine

            runs smooth, no troubles