More script features

  • bonds_joe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2013
      So I need to be able to send DTMF or play a wav after answering call.
      I can't seem to find this capability in the scripting functions...

      Does this mean I have to start getting into the code and compiling my own version?
      If someone has an easier solution I'd appreciate it.
    • joerg.greoj
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2013
        On Tue 21 May 2013 03:33:57 bonds_joe wrote:
        > So I need to be able to send DTMF or play a wav after answering call.
        > I can't seem to find this capability in the scripting functions...
        >
        > Does this mean I have to start getting into the code and compiling my own
        > version? If someone has an easier solution I'd appreciate it.

        Well, the scripts (or rather, twinklephone) doesn't offer genuine audiofile
        playback. I looked into that several years ago, and tried to craft some method
        to use ALSA's "file" plugin (together with "dsnoop" to mix it with regular mic
        input) - alas I seem to recall the file plugin had *no* pace/clock and thus
        twinkle leeched it empty in zero time, discarding all audio samples as excess
        audio input since they can't get sent this fast, obviously. I can't recall if
        I actually fixed that tiny ALSA "file" plugin to sync the sample rate with that
        of the (still needed) input stream of "file" and simply replace each sample
        from input by a sample from file as long as the file is not EOF, then switch to
        passing thru input samples to output when files _is_ EOF. I however recall that
        ALSA maintainers turned down my reports and suggestions as "file plugin is
        *meant* to work like it does" - NFC what's the rationale behind *that*.

        bottom line: you can do announcement playback, at least with a minimally
        patched ALSA "file" plugin. Twinkle doesn't support genuine file playback (or
        record)

        HTH
        /jOERG
      • Kevin Watkins
        Message 3 of 3 , May 22, 2013
          I had to come up with a solution for this and I used Twinkle Phone and Asterisk. If you want to know more respond back and I will explain in more depth.

          Peace