Playing ringtone before Autoanswer??

  • av.geek
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello,
      I am actually using Twinkle as an interface to an overhead paging system being fed by Asterisk. Basically, I created an extension for the PA system, setup a Linux machine with the Twinkle client running and set it for auto answer. That part works great. What I am trying to do, and it is not the end of the world if it is not possible, is have the ringtone play once before the auto-answer picks up. The ringtone is setup with a short chime to alert people that an announcement is following. Sort of like on a cruise ship where the tones play, then the announcement follows.

      I was looking through the preference as well as conf files directly, but could not immediately see anything.

      I am wondering if there is a variable that I can manually enter whether it is a timer= or auto-answer_after= xx (seconds/rings).

      If not I can probably run an after connect script to play the wav file, but I was hoping to do it within the Twinkle Software.

      Thanks,
      Ryan