Remove/hide Xfer button?

  • mckenzie99001
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
      My company is currently using Twinkle for its call center softphone. We've run into a serious issue with our PBX regarding how the Xfer button interacts with it.

      Is it possible to remove or hide the Xfer button in the toolbar?

      We have our own internal method of transferring calls which doesn't have a problem.
    • Iñaki Baz Castillo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
        El Miércoles, 10 de Junio de 2009, mckenzie99001 escribió:
        > My company is currently using Twinkle for its call center softphone. We've
        > run into a serious issue with our PBX regarding how the Xfer button
        > interacts with it.
        >
        > Is it possible to remove or hide the Xfer button in the toolbar?

        I expect you should change the code and recompile Twinkle.

        > We have our own internal method of transferring calls which doesn't have a
        > problem.

        If your transferring system is using legacy and limited DTMF... well...
        However, Twinkle implements *very well* SIP transfer, perfectly in fact.

        --
        Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@...>
      • mckenzie99001
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
          --- In twinklephone@yahoogroups.com, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@...> wrote:

          > El Miércoles, 10 de Junio de 2009, mckenzie99001 escribió:
          > > My company is currently using Twinkle for its call center softphone. We've
          > > run into a serious issue with our PBX regarding how the Xfer button
          > > interacts with it.
          > >
          > > Is it possible to remove or hide the Xfer button in the toolbar?
          >
          > I expect you should change the code and recompile Twinkle.
          >

          > > We have our own internal method of transferring calls which doesn't have a
          > > problem.
          >
          > If your transferring system is using legacy and limited DTMF... well...
          > However, Twinkle implements *very well* SIP transfer, perfectly in fact.
          >

          > --
          > Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@...>

          The problem is like this:

          We have our reps dial into a queue, then they get inbound calls while connected to it. If rep #1 uses the Xfer function in Twinkle (i.e., send a customer to another department), it not only sends the call to rep #2, but rep #1's entire queue session. This means rep #2 will start receiving calls meant for #1. Rep #1 can't log back into the queue because they never logged out.

          Removing/hiding the button would keep this from happening. We tell the reps not to use it, but they don't always remember.

          I was hoping for a way around compiling my own version.
        • Michel de Boer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2009
            > Is it possible to remove or hide the Xfer button in the toolbar?

            Nope.

            --
            Michel de Boer
            www.twinklephone.com