Re: [twinklephone] port to Qt4 underway?

  • Michel de Boer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      I did start porting of Qt4, but I must admit that the last months
      I have spent no time at all on Twinkle. During these summer months
      I do not expect to spend much time.

      Unfortunately porting to Qt4 will be a big hassle. There is a design
      flaw in Twinkle in the way events are handled. When I started with Qt
      I call GUI methods from several threads. Later I learnt I should not
      have done it that way. In Qt3 I could easily fix it however by taking
      the QApplication global lock before doing GUI stuff and releasing it
      afterwards. In Qt4 this does not work anymore.... and this design
      flaw causes segmentation faults all over.

      --
      Michel de Boer
      www.twinklephone.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        Ok thanks! This is very helpful. At least if I want to take a stab at it I will know what I am up against.

        --
        Michel de Boer
        www.twinklephone. com

        --