Re: [twinklephone] can't get rid of echo

  • Stelios Valavanis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
      well the usb handset has 2 channels (same in kmix show channels and alsamixer
      -c1). it has the pcm channel (output) and the mic channel (vol level and
      capture on or off). if i leave pcm on and at any volume and the mic at any
      volume and the remote end has an echo. on my end i'm fine. if i mute the pcm
      or i turn off capture on the mic, the echo goes away. are there maybe alsa
      settings or something? i chose this device (usb-p1k) because archives listed
      this as a good device. what is everybody else using?

      --
      _______________________________________
      stel valavanis http://www.onshore.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
        Am Do 5. März 2009 schrieb Stelios Valavanis:
        > well the usb handset has 2 channels (same in kmix show channels and
        alsamixer
        > -c1). it has the pcm channel (output) and the mic channel (vol level and
        > capture on or off). if i leave pcm on and at any volume and the mic at any
        > volume and the remote end has an echo. on my end i'm fine. if i mute the pcm
        > or i turn off capture on the mic, the echo goes away. are there maybe alsa
        > settings or something? i chose this device (usb-p1k) because archives listed
        > this as a good device. what is everybody else using?

        Stelios,
        sorry but this seems to be real feedback inside the headset. I seen this on
        quite a few cheaper wired headsets as well. There's nothing you can possibly
        do inside ALSA to cure his, except reducing earpiece volume as well as mic
        sensitivity as far as possible.
        Anyway a decent echo suppression/cancellation should stop that issue.
        I will look into this eventually.

        cheers
        jOERG
      • Stelios Valavanis
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
          well this would be the 3rd handset i bought. i specifically bought this one
          because an archive item on this list mentioned success using it. can anyone
          tell me what usb handset they are using that is working well? i'll just go buy
          whatever works.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2009
            i'd really like to hear of any usb handset people are using with twinkle that
            they have no echo problems. i just need to be sure to buy something that
            someone has working before i go crazy trying to figure out where the problem
            is.

            stel valavanis http://www.onshore.com/