Re: [twinklephone] Setting an outbound proxy or registrar should include port in RURI

  • Iñaki Baz Castillo
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
      El Viernes, 31 de Octubre de 2008, Michel de Boer escribió:
      > > Yes, but it can also occurs that there is no SRV record and the
      > > registrar has the listening address:
      > > domain.org:5070
      > > (being domain.org a DNS A type).
      >
      > It's strange to have an DNS A-record for a domain, but you can do it.

      Well, I just mean that the registrar address could be domain.org:5070, so in
      this case (and if I'm not wrong) the UAC should perform a DNS query type A
      for domain.org and send the REGISTER to that IP and port 5070.

      > > In this case, if the registrar receives a request with RURI
      > > sip:domain.org then that RURI doesn't match the listening address fo
      > > the server.
      >
      > I don't see why the RURI must match the listening address for a REGISTER.

      If a SIP node receives a RURI not matching him listening address (in the RURI
      or top Route) then it could act as a proxy and forward the request to the
      address in RURI, so it would fail:

      UA domain.org:5070
      REGISTER sip:domain.org (5070) ------->
      REGISTER sip:domain.org (5060) <-- LOST

      I got this explanation in SIP-implementors, and I've also read it somewhere in
      RFC 3261.

      --
      Iñaki Baz Castillo