No audio from Twinkle to other site

  • cecilwesterhoff
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2008
      I just installed Twinkle. (Version 0.9. Installed with YAST on a SUSE
      10.2 system.)
      I put dtmf on inband.
      If I say something on the other side or push a key, I hear it in Twinkle.
      When I say something in Twinkle or push a key, I hear nothing at the
      other site.
      What could be the problem?
    • joerg
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2008
        Am Di 6. Mai 2008 schrieb cecilwesterhoff:
        > I just installed Twinkle. (Version 0.9. Installed with YAST on a SUSE
        > 10.2 system.)
        > I put dtmf on inband.
        > If I say something on the other side or push a key, I hear it in Twinkle.
        > When I say something in Twinkle or push a key, I hear nothing at the
        > other site.
        > What could be the problem?

        mixer settings:
        alsamixer, check to unmute all record channels and activate mic-bias and
        mic+20gain

        HTH
        /j

        btw: 0.9 is soemwhat outdated, get 1.1 and give it a try.
      • Cecil Westerhof
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2008
          2008/5/6 joerg <joerg.twinklephone@...>:
          > > I just installed Twinkle. (Version 0.9. Installed with YAST on a SUSE
          >
          > > 10.2 system.)
          > > I put dtmf on inband.
          > > If I say something on the other side or push a key, I hear it in Twinkle.
          > > When I say something in Twinkle or push a key, I hear nothing at the
          > > other site.
          > > What could be the problem?
          >
          > mixer settings:
          > alsamixer, check to unmute all record channels and activate mic-bias and
          > mic+20gain

          I am using the (by Twinkle choosen) default OSS:/dev/dsp.
          There are also:
          ALSA: default
          ALSA: plughw:0,0: HDA ATI SB (ALC833 Analog)
          ALSA: plughw:0,2: HDA ATI SB (ALC833 Digital)
          I tried those also, but that did not change anything.

          When I start alsamixer, I get:
          alsamixer: function snd_mixer_load failed: Invalid argument

          The strange thing is that I do not have audio in both sides. :-{ It
          needs more looking into.

          > btw: 0.9 is soemwhat outdated, get 1.1 and give it a try.

          I know. The newest version is even 1.2. ;-} But that I have to build
          from scource. 0.9 I could install very easy and fast. If I get that
          working, I install the newest version.

          --
          Cecil Westerhof
        • AdonusX
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2008
            I am having trouble with this subject as well.  I am calling myself from skype to stanaphone (twinkle)... sound works just fine from skype to twinkle, but not twinkle to skype...  turned everything important all the way up in kmix... still nothing.