Frugal Tips & Tricks?

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
      So I was wondering if you all had any frugal tips, or tricks that you
      wanted to share?

      I did get my 2 newspapers this morning, but haven't taken a look at
      what CVS has to offer. I have been so busy scrubbing the cedar planks
      on our home (thanks to the insurance company). O-well, it needed to be
      done, and now it's nice and clean! As soon as I make it out to CVS, or
      any other store, I will let you all know how I came out!

      Okay, now for 1 of my tips. Walmart almost always has Ronzoni pasta
      for 1.19 a box. Be on the look out for a Ronzoni coupon for $1.00 off
      and stock up! That's when more than 1 paper comes in handy!

      Have a great evening!

      BusyBof3 a/k/a Brandy of TX
    • lisahmoore07
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
        I've got a great frugal tip....but it's not for food shopping. Its for
        clothes, shoes, etc

        I have a few teenager cousins who are about to exit high school and
        enter college who have developed my expensive taste. I have introduced
        them to the Buffalo Exchange. Its a resale shop located on Montrose
        that takes your new or gently used fashionable items and will sell
        your theirs, give you cash for yours or offer you a in store coupon
        reducing the cost of what you spend at there store.
        They carry Seven For All Mankind Jeans ($180.00) that they sell for
        about $25-$50 bucks, designer shoes, and all sorts of cute stuff. This
        is for any mom who has a teen and wants to stay on a budget. At the
        same time, its a great way to get rid of the clothes that you are not
        selling or cant wear anymore.
        Any of your designers label items here will get you a store credit
        where you can save on clothes.

        And of course there is always the thrift stores...as long as you run
        it through a great cleaners and have a smart eye for the clothes you
        buy, you will be fine. Who doesnt love paying three bucks for Banana
        Republic slacks?

        Happy Shopping.

        --- In twabrandy@yahoogroups.com, "Brandy" <zfam@...> wrote:

        > So I was wondering if you all had any frugal tips, or tricks that you
        > wanted to share?
        >
        > I did get my 2 newspapers this morning, but haven't taken a look at
        > what CVS has to offer. I have been so busy scrubbing the cedar planks
        > on our home (thanks to the insurance company). O-well, it needed to be
        > done, and now it's nice and clean! As soon as I make it out to CVS, or
        > any other store, I will let you all know how I came out!
        >
        > Okay, now for 1 of my tips. Walmart almost always has Ronzoni pasta
        > for 1.19 a box. Be on the look out for a Ronzoni coupon for $1.00 off
        > and stock up! That's when more than 1 paper comes in handy!
        >
        > Have a great evening!
        >
        > BusyBof3 a/k/a Brandy of TX

      • ~*~BusyBof3~*~
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
          Message
          Thanks Lisah ;o) I, too, LOVE thrift stores.  Gosh, I don't know how I would have bought most of the clothes for our family without them.  I need to check this one out.

          Keep the good tips comin'!

          ~*~ BusyBof3     a/k/a     Brandy -  of Texas (Wife of Paul a/k/a Chrysalis Computing) ~*~

          Mom of Paige (10), Payton (5), P.J. (2), 2 dogs, a cat, and a ferret!

          "No one cares about how much you know until they know how much you care"