Re Kroger couponing

  • trustingspirit@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
      Hi All,

      Am I the only one ticked about Kroger doing away with the double/ Triple coupons ? I have written them several times. I never get enough points to get discount on gas. Was wondring if any one else has let Kroger know they are not happy with the policy ?

      Thanks

      Martha
    • Libby Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011

        Yes, I let them know.  I asked the manager of my Kroger here in Pasadena why they did it and he said it was because of people clearing the shelves and taking it to resell and make money.  I used to see lots of women in there with carts full of stuff and you know they can’t use that much stuff.  I price match at Wal-Mart a lot now and I don’t spend that much money.  I only go to Kroger now for a few things.  It’s disappointing.  It’s going to hurt their business.  I don’t know how they can change their policy and come up with a plan that works for all of us but doesn’t let people clear the shelves off.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
          Yes. This is disappointing. But they have gotten so ridiculous. You know the coupins that they send you in the mail, the Kroger ones? The other day I could not use one for .40 off Fresh Selections salad because it was marked down to .99!
          I think that is crazy! It is still less than the price!
          Julie

          GREAT site I found for trading books~ Get 2 free when you join!

          http://tinyurl.com/yrq5xj

          For homeschoolers:

          This resource has helped me so much in planning out my lessons: http://tinyurl.com/9xq2k

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011

              That is crazy.  Why did they say you couldn’t use it?

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011

                Good points Linda.  I don’t know if I believe their 7% statement though.  Whenever I shopped at Kroger before the coupon policy change it seemed like everyone I saw was using coupons.  When they had the double up to $1.00 day it was jam packed in my Krogers.  I don’t find that many good deals there anymore.  I mainly went because I could get double and triple coupon savings.   I find the deals at Wal-Mart with price matching and coupons to be better deals and it saves me from driving all over the place.  I only started shopping at Kroger because of their coupon policy in the first place.  I rarely ever went there before.  I was going every week but not anymore.

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
                  she said it was because it was on markdown but I did nt see that on the q.
                  Just making their own rules I guess!
                  Yes, are free to change their policies and we are free to dislike it, complain about it, and shop elsewhere. It won't affect me that much as I already hardly shop there anymore, even though it is less than 2 mi away. I simply drive the 10 mi to publix which doubles and matches competitors, and has great store qs , but I go only when I am already in that area and I shop and stock up on the great buy one get ones they have . I also go to cvs instead of kro now. I heartcvs.com keeps me up to speed on the deals and it is way easier and cheaper in the end to do just those 2 stores than deal with kroger at all!
                  my kro is still doubling I think but I just quit b/c of always spending waaay more to shop there than elsewhere. Publix rocks! They're building one even closer to my house than kro is too!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
                    I would never do anything ugly, just wish that they still doubled the coupons as I am unemployed and that would help some. I now they don't owe it to me and it is sad that some of those shopers with several baskets ruined it fr everyone. I still use coupons but now I look to see if it is worth buying depending on the savings. Kroger is the close to me and then there is Foodtown.

                    Martha