SUNDAY'S CREATION

  • David
    Message 1 of 901 , Mar 11, 2007
      It's a pretty easy one this week. This portal will give you hundreds
      of hours of reading on this incredible topic of God's handiwork. The
      information just keeps on spilling out over the web. Can a revival of
      Christianity and morality be far away?

      http://creationwiki.org/Main_Page
    • profit_of_babble_on
      Message 901 of 901 , Sep 1, 2013
        Sunday's Creation -

        Problems with the evolutionary interpretation of limb
        design
        Similar limb designs develop through very different
        pathways and point to common design.

        To evolutionists, the vertebrate forelimbs are a classic
        example of homology. Their similarities are regarded as
        undeniable evidence of descent with modification, and
        they appear in almost every educational textbook
        promoting evolution. Counter-arguments presented by
        creationists include the observation that digit development
        can be different in amniotes and amphibians (e.g.
        humans and frogs) and that the forelimbs grow from
        different embryonic segments (somites) in different
        species (e.g. newt, lizard and man). If descent with
        modification were the correct explanation for common
        forelimb design, we would expect the forelimbs to develop
        in similar ways and from the same parts of the embryo...

        http://tinyurl.com/mds2f3l

        Ophel inscription: oldest Hebrew writing in Jerusalem
        corroborates biblical history

        This new archaeological find supports the historicity of
        Israel’s kings .

        A team of Israeli archaeologists, led by Eilat Mazar of
        Hebrew University, made an important discovery in 2012
        at the Ophel in Jerusalem, which is located between the
        Temple Mount and the City of David. They uncovered the
        foundations of a building that roughly dates to 1000–900
        BC. This building was constructed on bedrock, but since
        there was a dip at one point in the bedrock underneath it,
        7 large storage jars (called pithoi, singular pithos) were
        placed in this depression in order to help stabilize the
        building...

        http://tinyurl.com/lrnalzg

        ‘Awful’ rules in the Bible
        Is the Good Book really good?

         This week we feature feedback from an individual who
        questions whether various regulations in the Bible are
        morally trustworthy. Andrey I. writes:

            Hello CMI , hope i don’t annoying with my questions ,
        but am i correctly understand Mark 12:18–27 : when
        husband die but in marriage they don’t have kids , wife
        must marriage on husband’s brother and they must have
        kids ?
            and why God allowed polygamy to the Solomon,
        Gideon ?
            what the awful rule in Deuteronomy 22:20–21 ?
            why Bible it’s so evil, i mean it’s prohibits gays , or
        marriage with non christians ,but allow to kill women with
        rocks (Deuteronomy 22:20–21) ?
            or i something don’t understand ?

        CMI’s Keaton Halley responds...

        http://tinyurl.com/lnlqonu

        David

        Folks, please copy and paste this signature into

        your emails. Click on your email help button and

        search for 'signature file' and your mail program

        will do it automatically every time you send a mail

        once you set it up. That way we can remind each

        other often.

        Two Free clicks here = SOMEONE GETS FED!

        There are over 1 billion people on the net,

        What would happen if we all clicked once per day?

        We could easily feed the 30,000 kids that starve daily!

        Let's start a revolution of serious caring

        It is too easy now to do some good, so we have no more excuses

        http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive   --- In tvxuniversity@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Sunday's Creation -

        Rapid rock
        Unexpected application for hard-rock recipe.

        Most people imagine that it takes millions of years to
        form sedimentary rock. That is certainly the impression
        we are given in our culture today. And because of that
        impression, many people dismiss the claims of the Bible,
        which describes Creation in six Earth-rotation days some
        6,000 years ago.

        However, some Australian scientists have developed a
        revolutionary new chemical process that transforms loose
        sediment into rock within days.The invention does not
        use strange, synthetic materials, but mimics natural
        processes. Some may find it hard to believe, but it's true.
        Contrary to the general impression, it does not take
        millions of years to produce sedimentary rock. All it takes
        are the right conditions...

        http://tinyurl.com/lmsw59j

        Volcanoes shaped our planet
        Fiery catastrophe greater in the past.

        Swirling clouds of ash and dust belched high above the
        Andes, disrupting air traffic and settling over the
        landscape. The sudden eruption of the Puyehue volcano
        in Chile in June 2011 demonstrated the power of
        untamed energy beneath the earth. Volcanic eruptions
        can devastate the countryside with burning lava, deadly
        ash and destructive mud. In fact, volcanoes are to blame
        for many of the world's worst natural disasters...

        http://tinyurl.com/lpzrzn4

        The Asteroid Vesta—`old' yet `young'!
        The cratering pattern on the asteroid Vesta presents a
        `dating' conundrum.

        NASA's robotic spacecraft `Dawn', launched in 2007 to
        go to the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, has
        now orbited around Vesta—second largest of the
        asteroids. And it's sent back eye-popping photos and
        other data that have shocked and surprised scientists, to
        say the least...

        http://tinyurl.com/kvwoe3c