FW: [nyraces] 2012 Corning Circuit Race at The Glen - 5th Anniversary!

  • Jeff Poulin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2012

      FYI!

      -jeff
      ---------
      Mobile: +1(607)725-4493

      From: nyraces@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nyraces@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Klotz
      Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:30 PM
      To: NYRaces Promoter's Group
      Subject: [nyraces] 2012 Corning Circuit Race at The Glen - 5th Anniversary!

      Hello Everyone,

        Registration is now officially open for the 5th edition of the Corning Circuit Race at The Glen on Saturday, June 23rd!  We are excited to be back at the Watkins Glen International Racetrack, a premier venue in cycling that is extremely unique and unlike any other course you will ever race!  Based on feedback we received from our surveys last year, we modified our races and categories a bit to include more fields with a better mix.  New this year and sponsored by NYSBRA are our half price Cat 4 Women and Junior age 10-14 categories!  We will also be offering free entry to current NYS Road Race champions (same riders as the 2011 race), again courtesy of NYSBRA.  Following our annual tradition, there will be a FREE kids safety clinic, helmet fitting, and races on Pit Lane during Wave 2 of racing (details will be released in the full race packet soon)!

      All of the race information including the revised categories is available on our race website:

        Registration is available on BikeReg (we are on the homepage!):

        On our race website, you'll find links to our Facebook and Twitter, which we use for race updates and announcements.  Be sure to like and follow us there.

        In continuing our tradition of giving back to the community, the proceeds from the race will benefit two local children's community centers in Elmira and Corning.  We would like to thank our current sponsors of Corning Incorporated, Stan's NoTubes, Simmons-Rockwell, Hammer Nutrition, Swift Glass, Hard Hit Productions, Red Star Worldwear, and NYSBRA for supporting our event for another year.

        Thanks for reading and please pass along to all of your teams, riders and friends.  To continue to support the event at this special venue, we hope to grow our participation numbers.  Also, please support NYSBRA and the future of our sport by recruiting Cat 4 Women and Juniors to come and race!

      Regards,

      Brian Klotz

      Race Promoter