Re: [turkishlearner] arcadian

  • avize36
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26 6:42 PM
      Redhouse Sozlugune gore: Arcadia = Yunanistanda vaktiyle sade ve mesut bir irkin sakin oldugu rivayet edilen daglik bir memleket; (fig.) cennet hayati yasatan kirlar; Arcadian = cennet hayati yasatan kirlara mahsus. (Arcadia = A mountainous land in Greece where it was rumoured a race of simple and happy people once lived; (fig.) countrysides permitting of life as if in paradise. Arcadian = pertaining to such countrysides.)

      Webster's Ninth Dictionary: Arcadian = One who leads a quiet life (sakin bir hayat suren kisi)