Korkuyu ifade eden birkac fiil

  • avize36
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
      Korkmak, urkmek, tirsmak. Aralarindaki fark nedir?
    • september.july@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2011
        Hi, I'm new on this group, am Turkish, studied Eng-Tur translation and this my first post here.

        For your question, Rick, I'd say ;

        korkmak means, to get scared of, afraid of , eg;

        Yilandan korkarim. I'm scared of snakes.

        Korkarim, bilet bulamayacagiz. I'm afraid, we won't be able to find any tickets.

        Ay, korkuttun beni!. Oh, you scared me!

        Urkmek and tirsmak both means korkmak but urkmek mostly used for animals.

        Sst, sessiz ol, kuzulari urkutme. Shh, be quiet, don't scare the lambs (away)

        Tirsmak on the other hand is very slang and implies being discouraged

        Tirstin mi, oglum? Niye gidip tanismiyorsun kizla?

        Are your scared, man? Why aren't you walking over and meet the girl?

        Hope this helps.

        Sorry that I couldn't manage to change to Turkish encoding

        --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "avize36" <rickriedy@...> wrote:

        > Korkmak, urkmek, tirsmak. Aralarindaki fark nedir?

      • Laura Blumenthal
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2011
          Thank you for posting this - what a nice explanation! What is your
          name?

          Bunu listeye gönderdiğiniz için teşekkür ederim! Ne güzel bir
          açıklama! İsminiz nedir acaba?

          Laura 3:)

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2011
            Tesekkur ederim, Laura, begendigine sevindim. Adim Fatma.

            Thanks, Laura, I'm glad you liked it. My name is Fatma :)

            ________________________________
            Thank you for posting this - what a nice explanation! What is your
            name?

            Bunu listeye gönderdiğiniz için teşekkür ederim! Ne güzel bir
            açıklama! İsminiz nedir acaba?

            Laura 3:)

            On Feb 19, 2011, at 3:37 PM, september.july@... wrote:

            > Hi, I'm new on this group, am Turkish, studied Eng-Tur translation
            > and this my first post here.
            >
            > For your question, Rick, I'd say ;
            >
            > korkmak means, to get scared of, afraid of , eg;
            >
            > Yilandan korkarim. I'm scared of snakes.
            >
            > Korkarim, bilet bulamayacagiz. I'm afraid, we won't be able to find
            > any tickets.
            >
            > Ay, korkuttun beni!. Oh, you scared me!
            >
            > Urkmek and tirsmak both means korkmak but urkmek mostly used for
            > animals.
            >
            > Sst, sessiz ol, kuzulari urkutme. Shh, be quiet, don't scare the
            > lambs (away)
            >
            > Tirsmak on the other hand is very slang and implies being discouraged
            >
            > Tirstin mi, oglum? Niye gidip tanismiyorsun kizla?
            >
            > Are your scared, man? Why aren't you walking over and meet the girl?
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            >
            > Sorry that I couldn't manage to change to Turkish encoding
            >
            > --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "avize36" <rickriedy@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Korkmak, urkmek, tirsmak. Aralarindaki fark nedir?

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
              Fatma hanim, verdiginiz izahlar icin cok tesekkur ederim. Bilhassa aciklayici ornekler hosuma gitti. Tam istedigim gibi.

              Ms. Fatma, thank you very much for the explanations you provided. I especially liked the explanatory examples. Just as I wanted.

              Richard

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 5, 2011
                Birsey degil, Richard.
                You're welcome, Richard.