Online Turkish by Anadolu University

  • Turkish Certificate Anadolu University
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2008
      Hi mates,
      I just wanted to inform you about brand new language programme of Anadolu University, the leading university in Open Education Techonologies, which is called Turkish Certificate Programme!
      It was designed for foreigners who are willing to learn Turkish. It is online and you can follow the lessons without attending coming over the class and interact with other students and your tutor through your computer.
      The time for summer applications are getting closer and I suggest you to have a look at http://tsp.anadolu.edu.tr/eng%c2%a0for%c2%a0detailed information.
      I hope you enjoy it.
      Kind regards
      Anadolu University e-Certificate Programme

    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , May 8, 2008
        I was interested in this course and logged on to the web site
        Disappointed as the courses appeared to have started in february .They both appear elementary and the only ones on offer
        Also i found on sampling the sample coure it was very complicated .When i attempted exercises the answers came up in german Again the e mail contact does not appear to work
        A good idea and presentation but confusing
        Interested in what others think.
        For medical reasons had to give up an excellent SOAS Turkish course in London I can recommend there courses highly.Found another good course in Chelmsford ,Essex .The problem here at the moment seems to be no courses between beginners and advanced
        John REES

        Message 3 of 9 , May 8, 2008
          On their website, it says the following:

          > This programme consists of 6 levels which are called A1; A2; B1; B2;
          > C1; C2. Only A1 and A2 levels will be offered in 2008 Spring
          > Semester, B1; B2; C1; C2 levels will be offered in the following
          > terms.

          But it doesn't say how you determine what level you are. John, did
          you actually register for it, or just try the samples?

          Laura 3:)

          Message 4 of 9 , May 8, 2008
            I just tried looking at the samples, and they didn't work very well on
            the Mac platform. I was able to see the video, but the top half of it
            was cut off, and there were no navigation buttons to continue on. So
            all I saw was the bottom half of the video of people saying "Gün
            aydın" and "Benim adım ..."

            Laura 3:)

            Message 5 of 9 , May 8, 2008
              dear Laura
              Just tried the sample and stated some of the difficulties i came across. You have discovered others
              I know this is an audio course as well as text but for clarity and ease of working it fails in my view miserably against John Guise,s excellent Manisa turkish
              It also shows there is a gap for an enterprising publisher to try to produce a much improved Web audio course .Kypros [cyprus ]Broadcasting Corporation do a free and simple one for Modern Greek
              As i said both SOAS and a leading Essex College seem to have a gap after beginner,s to advanced which needs to be addressed
              John REES

              Message 6 of 9 , May 8, 2008
                I agree.

                Fikrine katılıyorum.

                Laura 3:)

                On May 8, 2008, at 11:16 AM, John wrote:

                > I know this is an audio course as well as text but for clarity and
                > ease of working it fails in my view miserably against John Guise,s
                > excellent Manisa turkish

              • Emrah Özcan
                Message 7 of 9 , May 11, 2008
                  For the problem in Mac platform, I tried it with Firefox and Safari. Firefox
                  had the same problem
                  as you said, but on Safari I was able to view it well. Did you try it on
                  Safari? Which browser were you
                  using when you accessed the page?

                  Emrah

                  Emrah �zcan

                • Laura Blumenthal
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 15, 2008
                    OK - I tried it with Safari, and it worked perfectly. I was using
                    Firefox before. I think it's pretty good, although I don't understand
                    what the purpose of the guy standing and talking about what you're
                    about to hear is - no beginner will understand anything he's saying.
                    Also, I thought the family was weird, and I couldn't catch their
                    names, even though I am an advanced Turkish speaker. I got the son's
                    friend's name (Can), but is the wife named İkatör or something? What
                    strange names they have. Either that or the sound just isn't very
                    clear.

                    Laura 3:)

                    P.S. Zülâl hocaya benden selâm söyler misiniz?

                  • yaseminruskin
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 23, 2009
                      Hi everybody,

                      I offer online turkish lessons too. Please visit www.learnturkishnow.co.uk or drop me a line at: info@...