suffix problems

  • nodira
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      dear learners
      do any of you know this suffix -eli

      i'll give it in context
      babam oleli 16 sene olmus.
      i could understand it ,but give me other examples with this suffix
      in context
      thanks a lot
      Nodira
    • hbayezit
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
        --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "nodira" <tiptop9737@...> wrote:

        > dear learners
        > do any of you know this suffix -eli
        >
        > i'll give it in context
        > babam oleli 16 sene olmus.
        > i could understand it ,but give me other examples with this suffix
        > in context
        > thanks a lot
        > Nodira

        Ýþe baþlýyalý 3 sene olmuþ. (Baþlamak)
        Ahmet Ýzmir'e gideli 2 gün oldu sanýrým. (Gitmek)

        Büyük ünlü uyumuna göre -eli, -alý oluyor bildiðim kadarýyla.
      • Yasin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
          Hi,

          It is not "baþlýyalý", it has to be written as "baþlayalý". Even
          though some of these type verbs are read like you wrote, the writing
          is not like that.

          --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "hbayezit" <hbayezit@...> wrote:

          > --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "nodira" <tiptop9737@> wrote:
          > >
          > > dear learners
          > > do any of you know this suffix -eli
          > >
          > > i'll give it in context
          > > babam oleli 16 sene olmus.
          > > i could understand it ,but give me other examples with this suffix
          > > in context
          > > thanks a lot
          > > Nodira
          > >
          > Ýþe baþlýyalý 3 sene olmuþ. (Baþlamak)
          > Ahmet Ýzmir'e gideli 2 gün oldu sanýrým. (Gitmek)
          >
          > Büyük ünlü uyumuna göre -eli, -alý oluyor bildiðim kadarýyla.

        • Oktay AHMED
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
            At 09:07 AM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
            >Ýþe baþlýyalý 3 sene olmuþ. (Baþlamak)

            It's NOT "basliyali", but "baslayali".

            The only formal vowel narrowing is accepted
            before the suffix for present /-yor/ (basla+yor>basliyor).

            Oktay