Interactive support site for learners of Turkish

  • iLkay BarLas - WoraZ
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
      turkishplus is an interactive portal which provides support materials to the learners of Turkish.
      We have prepared Turkish support site for learners of Turkish. For almost a year, we've been working on this project to prepare wide-range and high quality exercises (on grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening, writing).
      We have also prepared a dictionary that includes 7 different dictionaries in;

      *Genel Sözlük (Dictionary)
      *İmla Kılavuzu (Dictionary of Spelling)
      *Deyimler Sözlüğü (Dictionry of Idioms)
      *Atasözleri Sözlüğü (Dictionary of Proverbs)
      *İsimler Sözlüğü (Dictionary of Names)
      *Özlü Sözler (Dictionary of Maxims)
      *Kolay Konuşma Kılavuzu (Easy-Talking Guide)

      There are also different kinds of entertaining methods for learning a language; as puzzles and various kinds of games (Hangman, HaydiBil etc.).

      One of the most precious services we serve to our members is, Virtual Teacher. You can reserve meetings -consulting / practicing / conversation- on our site to chat one of our teachers via MSN or SKYPE. Through this service, you can practice your language and ask anything about Turkish grammar.

      Main menu of the turkishplus is prepared in three languages (Turkish, English,
      German). You can reach any information about the site from our "about us" section. Please have a look at our “site tour” section to see all the contents of the site and how to use them.

      Ilkay Barlas

    • genevieve
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
        Peki, sitenin adresi hangisidir ?

        Selamlar, Genevieve.

        --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, iLkay BarLas - WoraZ
        <bileciklee@...> wrote:

        > turkishplus is an interactive portal
        which provides support materials to the learners of Turkish.
        > We have prepared Turkish support site for learners of Turkish. For
        almost a year, we've been working on this project to prepare wide-
        range and high quality exercises (on grammar, vocabulary, reading,
        listening, writing).
        > We have also prepared a dictionary that includes 7 different
        dictionaries in;

        > *Genel Sözlük (Dictionary)
        > *İmla Kılavuzu (Dictionary of Spelling)
        > *Deyimler Sözlüğü (Dictionry of Idioms)
        > *Atasözleri Sözlüğü (Dictionary of Proverbs)
        > *İsimler Sözlüğü (Dictionary of Names)
        > *Özlü Sözler (Dictionary of Maxims)
        > *Kolay Konuşma Kılavuzu (Easy-Talking Guide)
        >

        > There are also different kinds of entertaining methods for
        learning a language; as puzzles and various kinds of games (Hangman,
        HaydiBil etc.).

        > One of the most precious services we serve to our members is,
        Virtual Teacher. You can reserve meetings -consulting / practicing /
        conversation- on our site to chat one of our teachers via MSN or
        SKYPE. Through this service, you can practice your language and ask
        anything about Turkish grammar.

        > Main menu of the turkishplus is prepared in three languages
        (Turkish, English,
        > German). You can reach any information about the site from
        our "about us" section. Please have a look at our "site tour"
        section to see all the contents of the site and how to use them.

        > Ilkay Barlas

      • iLkay BarLas - WoraZ
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
          Somehow its not seen in message.

          site adress is, http://www.turkishplus.com

          Ilkay Barlas

        • carol williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
            Be warned - you can't do anything on this site without paying 50 euro

            iLkay BarLas - WoraZ <bileciklee@...> wrote: Somehow its not seen in message.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2007
              And by paying 50 Euro, you will have a tutor that will serve you 24 times in a year, whenever you want (appr. 2 Euros per private lesson) on MSN or SKYPE.

            • John
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2007
                I have looked at this site
                It is well presented and the learning ideas excellent .The cost is also reasonable .
                I will NOT be subscribing however as i find example pages somewhat unclear in their explanation language eg English .To see what i mean go to the excellent Manisa Turkish site:still in my opinion the best Turkish learning language site on the web irrespective of it being free .
                i have drawn attention several times before on this site the dearth of interesting ,well produced Turkish learning material .For example ,the existing text books are so dreary .To illustrate what i mean ,have a look at THE GREEK LANGUAGE AND PEOPLE book published by the BBC .NOW THAT,S HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE !!!!!!!!!!