Re: [turkishlearner] Re: Eid Greetings! Eid al Fitr : End of Ramadan

  • ali ak
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
      why do turks hate arabic even though a great amount of turkish vocabulary has arabic origin? do they confuse hate-nationalism with linguistics? i cant beleive that.

      Laura Blumenthal <kafetzou2@...> wrote:
      Öf be Armaðan - sen bunu sordun ...

      On Oct 27, 2006, at 6:56 AM, arma'n wrote:

      > Bu nece? Which language is this?

      ... ve ben cevap verdim. Yani aslýnda SEN bu konuyu baþlattýn!!

      Laura 3:)

      On Oct 29, 2006, at 3:01 AM, arma'n wrote:

      > Biz burada (Turkishlearner) Arapça öðrenmekle ilgilenmediðimiz için ben
      > anlayamadým.
      > Herkes Arapça bilmiyor, sanýyorum...
      > Regards
      > Arma'n

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tim Davies
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 9, 2006
        probably for the same reason that English native speakers take a dislike to
        excessive use of Latin and Greek when perfectly good Anglo-Saxon words are
        available.
        Words like operationalization, decommissioning, disestablishment,
        pontification, palaeontology. These could all be simplified if the will
        existed.
        Tim

        why do turks hate arabic even though a great amount of turkish vocabulary
        has arabic origin? do they confuse hate-nationalism with linguistics? i cant
        beleive that.

        Laura Blumenthal <kafetzou2@...> wrote:
        Öf be Armaðan - sen bunu sordun ...

        On Oct 27, 2006, at 6:56 AM, arma'n wrote:

        > Bu nece? Which language is this?

        ... ve ben cevap verdim. Yani aslýnda SEN bu konuyu baþlattýn!!

        Laura 3:)

        On Oct 29, 2006, at 3:01 AM, arma'n wrote:

        > Biz burada (Turkishlearner) Arapça öðrenmekle ilgilenmediðimiz için ben
        > anlayamadým.
        > Herkes Arapça bilmiyor, sanýyorum...
        > Regards
        > Arma'n

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ali ak

          why do turks hate arabic even though a great amount of turkish vocabulary
          has arabic origin? do they confuse hate-nationalism with linguistics? i cant
          beleive that.

          Laura Blumenthal <kafetzou2@...> wrote:
          Öf be Armaðan - sen bunu sordun ...

          On Oct 27, 2006, at 6:56 AM, arma'n wrote:

          > Bu nece? Which language is this?

          ... ve ben cevap verdim. Yani aslýnda SEN bu konuyu baþlattýn!!

          Laura 3:)

          On Oct 29, 2006, at 3:01 AM, arma'n wrote:

          > Biz burada (Turkishlearner) Arapça öðrenmekle ilgilenmediðimiz için ben
          > anlayamadým.
          > Herkes Arapça bilmiyor, sanýyorum...
          > Regards
          > Arma'n

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • arma'n
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 12, 2006
            How can one deduce that Turks hate any language at all? I personally admire the magnificence of Arabic. In the history best Arabic researches were made by Turks. To say that Knabe is not an English word doesn't mean that the English hate Germans, or does it? Ten per cent of Spanish vocabulary is Arabic origin; but "eid" is not a Spanish word... I'm sorry for that...
            How can you explore "nationalism" from a simple declaration of a lingüistic truth? It is a keen sight indeed!
            Regards
            Arma'n

            why do turks hate arabic even though a great amount of turkish vocabulary has arabic origin? do they confuse hate-nationalism with linguistics? i cant beleive that.

            Laura Blumenthal <kafetzou2@...> wrote:
            Öf be Armaðan - sen bunu sordun ...

            On Oct 27, 2006, at 6:56 AM, arma'n wrote:

            > Bu nece? Which language is this?

            ... ve ben cevap verdim. Yani aslýnda SEN bu konuyu baþlattýn!!

            Laura 3:)

            On Oct 29, 2006, at 3:01 AM, arma'n wrote:

            > Biz burada (Turkishlearner) Arapça öðrenmekle ilgilenmediðimiz için ben
            > anlayamadým.
            > Herkes Arapça bilmiyor, sanýyorum...
            > Regards
            > Arma'n