Re: [turkishlearner] gitti gideli

  • Emil Guliyev
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 2, 2006
      Thanks a lot guys. This really helped. I speak a different Turkic language as my mother language, and learned Turkish watching Turkish shows/cartoons since I was 5, because some minor differences exist. The phrase 'gitti gideli' has no meaning in my native tongue (unless it does, then I have never heard it used), though 'beri' is used as often as it is in Turkish.

      arma'n <armanorama@...> wrote: Just for a change:

      Kir Sarkisi

      Tam otlarin sarardigi zamanlar,
      Yere yüzükoyun uzaniyorum,
      Toprakta bir telas, bir telas,
      Karincalar öteden beri dostum.

      Ellerime hanimböcekleri konuyor,
      Ne seker sey onlar!
      "Uç böcek, uç böcek" diyorum
      Uçuyorlar.

      Pan'in teneffüsü bile
      Ilik... Oksamakta yüzü.
      Devedikenleri, çalilik ve saire...
      Bir âlem bu topraklarin üstü!

      Tabiatla hasir nesir,
      Kirlarda geçen ikindi vakti.
      Sakin - dinlenmis - rahat,
      Bir gün daha bitti...

      Behçet Necatigil
      (1916-1979)

      emilgouliev@...
      emilguliyev@...

    • carol williams
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 8, 2006
        Excellent thanks!

        My system required an extra step:
        Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General -> Edit Languages -> Select a language to add -> Turkish.

        Carol

        burak * <sourtimes_cb@...> wrote: Sorry I cant read the mails from group lately, so most probably you already know what I will say.

        Whenever I read e-mails from yahoogroup, in order to see characters properly I always click the following (in Firefox)
        View -> character encoding -> Turkish

        today I realized that this can be done automatically by following these steps:
        Tools -> Options -> General -> Edit Languages -> Select a language to add -> Turkish.

        ^^