turkish literature

  • Katerina B. Larsen Bakir
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hello

      Can anybody recommend some literature, in english, on "the history of modern
      turkish literature" and on "Atat�rk and his six arrows (Kemalism)".

      Looking forward to hearing from you all.

      Undg� pop-ups med MSN Toolbar - http://toolbar.msn.dk/ hent den gratis!
    • Arzu Coltekin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        Merhaba Katerina,

        I am sure you have seen this web sites, but anyway I can mention them so
        the whole group sees it:

        This is exactly on the history of Modern Turkish Literature:
        http://courses.washington.edu/mtle/mtle2000.html
        Some author biographies and a list of material is there.

        Here the cultural minitery says somethings on the topic:
        http://www.mfa.gov.tr/grupc/cj/cja/literat1.htm

        Brittanica has an article here:
        http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?tocId=7445&query=Kemal%2C%20Yashar

        But anyway these are from Google. For Kemalism, there's got to be even
        more in Google. Let us have a quick look:

        here's one detailed page:
        http://www.allaboutturkey.com/reform.htm

        I guess some others may suggest pages/books that they know, so that's all
        from me for now. I hope it helps.

        Cheers,
        -Arzu