thinking as a turk/thinking as an english

  • umutburakunal
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      thinking as a turk for an englishman is as hard as thinking as an
      english for a turk. ( hard sentence ...isnt it?)
      when ý teach english to my turkish students, they allways try to
      express their thoughts using turkish grammar with english words.
      an example.
      I met Ali= Ali ile tanýþtým.
      my beginner students say: ý met with ali.
      they think they have to you with preposition with the verb meet.
      this is not wholly related with learning grammar. when you grasp the
      sprit of the language , you trust yourself when you speak