Icince

  • fslept
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
      Merhaba

      İki sorum var.
      1. "içince" – ne demek ? Sözlükte bulamadım.
      2. "Ali eve kapandı." – "kapanmak" sözü "-e/a" eklemi ile
      kullanılıyor mu ?

      I have two questions.
      1. "içince" - what does it mean ? I couldn't find it in the
      dictionary.
      2. "Ali eve kapandı." – The word "kapanmak" should be used with the "-
      e/a" suffixes ?

      Sevgilerimle,
      Wojtek
    • Michael Isador
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
        Merhaba Wojtek,
        It looks like "i�ince" is the form "-(y)ince/�nca" = "when", of the verb "i�mek." It indicates consecutive action between two verbs, and doesn't take a personal ending or pronoun as it's usually the same person continuing with the other action. It's also used for both present and past tense. "When I came to Istanbul, I saw my fr�ends" = "�stanbul'a gelince arkada�lar�m� g�rd�m." "When I see my friends, I'm happy = Arkada�lar�m� g�r�nce mutluyum." So an example with "i�mek" would be: "Biray� i�ince yoruldum." (When I drank the beer, I got tired). It will take a pronoun though, if there are different subjects, like "Ben hasta olunca, annem evime geliyor."

        Kapanmak is "to be closed" (the passive form of "to close.") As the passive is only used with a subject, there shouldn't be any case ending suffixes. In this sentence, I don't know quite what you want to say, but if it's "Ali's house was closed" (by someone - not just the adjective "closed") then it would be "Ali'nin ev kapand�." I think this is right - any other ideas?

        In any case, I hope this helps.

        Ho��akal,
        Michael

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
          Merhaba Wojtek
          You can use kapanmak with dative it means then "to lock yourself up, or to retreat" (in German "sich einschschliessen" oder "sich zurückziehen") For example the sentence "Ali eve kapandi calisiyor" that means. "Ali locked himself up in his house and works"
          Where did you find this sentence?
          See also
          "Karl Steuerwald Wörterbuch Türkisch Deutsch" page 604
          A short note for michael
          "Ali'nin ev kapandi."
          Grammatically speaking there is something missing in your sentence.
          See the sentences
          Ev-in kapi-si kapandi.
          Ali'-nin site-si kapandi.

          Best regards
          Hans

          Michael Isador <isador@...> wrote:Merhaba Wojtek,
          It looks like "içince" is the form "-(y)ince/ýnca" = "when", of the verb "içmek." It indicates consecutive action between two verbs, and doesn't take a personal ending or pronoun as it's usually the same person continuing with the other action. It's also used for both present and past tense. "When I came to Istanbul, I saw my frýends" = "Ýstanbul'a gelince arkadaþlarýmý gördüm." "When I see my friends, I'm happy = Arkadaþlarýmý görünce mutluyum." So an example with "içmek" would be: "Birayý içince yoruldum." (When I drank the beer, I got tired). It will take a pronoun though, if there are different subjects, like "Ben hasta olunca, annem evime geliyor."

          Kapanmak is "to be closed" (the passive form of "to close.") As the passive is only used with a subject, there shouldn't be any case ending suffixes. In this sentence, I don't know quite what you want to say, but if it's "Ali's house was closed" (by someone - not just the adjective "closed") then it would be "Ali'nin ev kapandý." I think this is right - any other ideas?

          In any case, I hope this helps.

          Hoþçakal,
          Michael

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
            Thanks, Hans - and you're quite right. It looked a little strange but I couldn't figure out why. The other usage, though (passive +dative) is completely new to me and very interesting. Are there some other examples or is it just the idiom that you mention?

            Cheers,
            Michael

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
              Merhaba Michael
              kapanmak can have a lot of meanings (see www.tdk.gov.tr and www.halici.com )
              Maybe I should mention that kapanmak is as you mentioned the "passive voice" of "kapamak" but also the "reflexive form (verb)" of kapamak.
              Sometimes in Turkish you can not distinguish between the 2 forms as in the following example
              "Cocuk y#305;kand#305;" dendi#287;inde, coçuk annesi tarafindan mi y#305;kanm#305;#351; yoksa kendi kendini mi y#305;kam#305;#351;, aç#305;k.
              Similary to the use of "eve kapand#305;" you will also hear
              "içine kapanmak" (Kendi duygu ve dü#351;üncelerini ba#351;kalar#305;na açmay#305;p kendi haline ya#351;amak )
              but I do not know exactly how to say in english but it means to "lock yourself up / retreat yourself / like not participating to others" not (in German sich verschliessen)
              Some examples sentences
              "Otobüste, toplant#305;larda, sahada bir kö#351;eye çekilmek ya da içine kapanmak olmaz"
              Baz#305;lar#305;n#305;n k#305;zg#305;nl#305;k ifadeleri ise, içine kapanmak, surat asmak ya da fiziksel olarak hasta olmakt#305;r.
              For further meanings of kapanmak, please take a look at
              http://www.tdk.gov.tr/tdksozluk/SOZBUL.ASP?GeriDon=0&EskiSoz=&kelime=kapanmak&submit1=Ara
              -----------
              and
              http://www.halici.com.tr/sozluk/arama.asp

              Kapal#305; duruma gelmek: Dolap kapand#305;. Delik kapand#305;. "Son basama#287;#305; a#351;t#305;#287;#305;m zaman, baban#305;n kap#305;s#305; h#305;zla yüzüme kapand#305;." -Y. Z. Ortaç.

              (-e) D#305;#351;ar#305; ile ili#351;i#287;ini kesmek: Kaleye kapanmak. "Rahatça çal#305;#351;mak istedi#287;im zamanlar buraya kapan#305;r#305;m ve kimse girmesin diye bazen içerden de kap#305;y#305; kilitlerim." -Y. K. Karaosmano#287;lu.

              Çal#305;#351;amaz, etkinli#287;ini sürdüremez duruma getirilmek: "Manzumem ç#305;kmad#305; ve Rübap kapand#305;." -Y. Z. Ortaç.

              Son verilmek, kesilmek: "Arif sustu. Hac#305; Bey de üstelemedi. Söz de burada kapanm#305;#351; oldu." -M. #350;. Esendal.

              Yüzü, gövdesi bir yere gelecek biçimde e#287;ilmek: "Birden masan#305;n üstünde kitaplar#305;n üzerine kapanarak bir çocuk ta#351;k#305;nl#305;#287;#305;yla a#287;lama#287;a ba#351;lad#305;." -H. Z. U#351;akl#305;gil. "Secdeye hamt için de#287;il, güya utand#305;klanndan kapand#305;lar." -R. E. Ünayd#305;n.

              Tatile girmek: Okullar kapand#305;.

              (yara için) #304;yile#351;mek.

              (göz için) Kör olmak: Kazadan sonra bir gözü kapand#305;.

              Gökyüzü bulutlanmak.
              ----------
              Best regards
              Hans
              Michael Isador <isador@...> wrote:Thanks, Hans - and you're quite right. It looked a little strange but I couldn't figure out why. The other usage, though (passive +dative) is completely new to me and very interesting. Are there some other examples or is it just the idiom that you mention?

              Cheers,
              Michael

              1. "içince" - ne demek ? Sözlükte bulamadým.
              2. "Ali eve kapandý." - "kapanmak" sözü "-e/a" eklemi ile
              kullanýlýyor mu ?

              I have two questions.
              1. "içince" - what does it mean ? I couldn't find it in the
              dictionary.
              2. "Ali eve kapandý." - The word "kapanmak" should be used with the "-
              e/a" suffixes ?

              Sevgilerimle,
              Wojtek

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
                Hepinize merhaba!

                If already the verb kapanmak came up, I have another question.

                There is "kapamak" and "kapatmak". As far as I know both are transitive and both mean "to close" (though the second one could mean "to make sb close sth") What is the difference between them, what can I kapamak and what kapatmak?

                Laszlo
              • fslept
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Merhaba

                  Anlatmanızı için çok teşekkür ederim, arkadaşlar.
                  Hans, http://www.tuerkisch-lernen-online.de/Forum/forum.html
                  ve http://www.tuerkisch-lernen-online.de/Forum1/forum1.html
                  sayfalarını biliyor musun ?
                  Belki orada ilginç bir şeyi bulabilirsin.

                  Thank you very much for your explanations.
                  Hans, do you know the german sites ? Maybe you can find something
                  interesting there.

                  Hoşçakalın,
                  Wojtek

                  --- In turkishlearner@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Isador" <isador@a...>
                  wrote:
                  > Thanks, Hans - and you're quite right. It looked a little strange
                  but I couldn't figure out why. The other usage, though (passive
                  +dative) is completely new to me and very interesting. Are there some
                  other examples or is it just the idiom that you mention?

                  > Cheers,
                  > Michael

                  present and past tense. "When I came to Istanbul, I saw my frıends"
                  = "İstanbul'a gelince arkadaşlarımı gördüm." "When I see my friends,
                  I'm happy = Arkadaşlarımı görünce mutluyum." So an example
                  with "içmek" would be: "Birayı içince yoruldum." (When I drank the
                  beer, I got tired). It will take a pronoun though, if there are
                  different subjects, like "Ben hasta olunca, annem evime geliyor."

                  > Kapanmak is "to be closed" (the passive form of "to close.") As
                  the passive is only used with a subject, there shouldn't be any case
                  ending suffixes. In this sentence, I don't know quite what you want
                  to say, but if it's "Ali's house was closed" (by someone - not just
                  the adjective "closed") then it would be "Ali'nin ev kapandı." I
                  think this is right - any other ideas?

                  > In any case, I hope this helps.
                  >
                  > Hoşçakal,
                  > Michael
                • axaray
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2003
                    Selam,

                    1- "Anlatmanızı için ..." yerine "Anlattığınız için ..." olmalı.
                    2- "... çok teşekkür ederim, arkadaşlar.". Virgül (comma), bu cümlede
                    gereksiz görünüyor.
                    3- "... ilginç bir şeyi ..." yerine "... ilginç şeyler ..." olmalı.

                    Saygılar