x0x Turkish delight: Bodrum

  • T.R.H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 9:13 PM
      x0x Turkish delight: Bodrum

      Turkish delight: Bodrum

      By: Catrin Currucan

      http://www.TurkRadio.us

      Just another day in paradise in Bodrum

      Do I take a dip in one of the largest infnity pools in Turkey? Or indulge in a massage at one of Europe's best spas?

      Or do I simply enjoy the stunning view of the Aegean Sea from my balcony while sipping a glass of the local rose?

      These were the tough choices I faced while staying at the luxuriously idyllic Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay, just 20 minutes from the bustling resort of Bodrum.

      With 300 days of sunshine a year, scenic sandy coves and prety olive-grove covered hillsides, it's no wonder Turkey's so-called Turquoise Coast is a popular choice for UK tourists.

      Situated overlooking the eponymous bay and offering the most spectacular of vistas, the hotel has capitalised on this natural beauty.

      And despite its 173 rooms it feels more like a boutique establishment, boasting an impeccable service to match its breathtaking location.

      As well as the aforementioned pool, a short walk or golf buggy ride takes you down to the hotel's private beach, divided into adults-only and family-friendly sections. The hotel also offers six restaurants where guests can sample elegant cuisine.

      Our favourite, La Luce, served delicious Mediterranean dishes with a romantic, cliff-side setting.

      However, if you're hoping to partake in more energetic pursuits, the sumptuously tranquil ambience of the Kempinski Hotel is a definite departure from the lively atmosphere of Bodrum, which you can reach by bus every 30 minutes from the hotel.

      Nicknamed Turkey's St Tropez, Bodrum is a vibrant city. Life revolves around the marina, where you'll fnd waterside restaurants selling fresh seafood and traditional meze dishes, a huge choice of cocktail bars and stalls offering every type of souvenir under the Turkish sun.

      In the marina itself, oligarchs and entrepreneurs drop anchor from their super yachts.

      Billionaire and Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich regularly moors here.

      Watching these impressive vessels enter and leave the marina is an interesting pastime in itself, prompting me to wonder if I'll ever win the lottery.

      And it seems Bodrum has been atracting the world's most powerful and wealthy to its picturesque shores for centuries.

      Mark Antony and Cleopatra once enjoyed its scenic splendour while Alexander the Great, who conquered the city in 334 BC, is said to have explored the coast's prety coves and beaches.

      Read the rest at http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/travel/419408/Turkish-delight-Bodrum