x0x You Need to Go to Istanbul Now

  • T.R.H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      x0x You Need to Go to Istanbul Now

      You Need to Go to Istanbul Now

      By Billie Cohen

      http://www.TurkRadio.us

      Mixer gallery, in the Tophane neighborhood

      I just got back from Istanbul on Saturday night¬ójust early enough to miss the craziness of Hurricane Sandy, but also unfortunately, early enough to miss the celebrations of today's holiday, Republic Day, the anniversary of the proclamation of the Turkish Republic in 1923. Holiday or not, it's an exciting time to visit Istanbul these days. The city is at the cusp of something huge. Not only is the art and cultural scene booming, but something else, something less tangible is brewing. Something thrilling.

      Read the rest at http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2012/10/istanbul-photo-tour