x0x More Turkish delights

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2012
      x0x More Turkish delights

      More Turkish delights

      By Allie Kay Spaulding

      http://www.TurkRadio.us

      The woman on the left is rolling out dough for a gozleme. The other woman is grilling a completed gozleme, filled and folded in half. A hot gozleme fresh off the grill is a delicious and inexpensive lunch.

      In the winter, Goreme is a small town of 2,000 Turks in the Cappadocia Valley. In June, tourists come and go, but the town does not lose its charm. It is still a delightful place to roam, and there is much to enjoy.

      Enjoy we did. The morning after the hot-air balloon ride, Dave knocked at my door. I could hear his held-back excitement: There are balloons to view. When I got outside the whole sky was full of balloons, again. Some were so close we could see the passengers waving. Every morning at sunrise during the summer, balloons decorate the sky.

      Later that day it was on to the Dalton Brothers Ranch to mount up and ride horses through the tufa chimneys. It was late afternoon by the time we clip-clopped out. The sun cast long shadows of horses and riders and painted the tufa formations rosy gold. Sajuddin, our Afghan wrangler, had utter faith in his ponies surefootedness on that narrow, slippery trail. For the ponies it seemed to be a walk in the park.

      Read the rest at http://santamariatimes.com/lifestyles/recreation/more-turkish-delights/article_35528fb4-d922-11e1-996e-001a4bcf887a.html