x0x Taking a beating at Turkish bath

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2012

      x0x Taking a beating at Turkish bath

      Dave Hoekstra

      ISTANBUL, Turkey — Like so many tired souls that had arrived before me at the Cagaloglu Hamam I was looking for a helping hand.

      But we hit it off with a slap on the back and the twist of a neck.

      Salih was my scrubber at the historic Turkish hamam (baths).

      Did I say ouch?

      He only spoke Turkish, I only spoke English, so we connected through body language. Salih made it known he was building momentum on my pretty much naked torso by fierce grunts and growls. His toothy grin emerged from under a thick black moustache.

      Read the rest at http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/11541774-502/taking-a-beating-at-turkish-bath.html