x0x So much history, so much beauty in Turkey

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      x0x So much history, so much beauty in Turkey

      By Beth Ashley

      Special to the IJ

      Click photo to enlarge

      Arty Boats tied up at Eminonu on the Bosphorus with Mosque in the
      background. Minarets were...

      A yellow sign on the bridge said, "Welcome to Europe."

      Our bus-full of tourists slid joyfully across the line, back in Istanbul
      after two weeks seeing the sights and cities of Turkey's Asia Minor.

      I had forgotten how many ancient settlements are still being unearthed in
      Turkey. The Greeks were here! The Romans! The Byzantine Christians! And
      the Ottomans, who once ruled most of the Mediterranean world.

      [Read the rest at: http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_18267344 ]