x0x Turkish News for the week ending 27 March 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2010
      SF Turkish Radio Hour News

      {20100327trh.txt}

      x0x Turkish News for the week ending 27 March 2010

      [This is a transcript of the news broadcast on 27 March 2010]

      Courtesy of Turkish Radio Hour, producer of the
      TURKISH CULTURAL PROGRAM, every Saturday from 6 PM to 8 PM on
      KUSF FM 90.3, San Francisco

      You can also listen live from a link on the web site: turkradio.us/

      Also tune to KKUP FM 91.5, Cupertino to hear the
      ORIENT EXPRESS every Tuesday at 10 PM

      Audio archives of our radio broadcasts are at: www.TurkRadio.us/ar/

      Also available as podcasts for your MP3 players at:
      turkradio.podomatic.com/

      Ahmet Toprak is the editor-in-chief. Your broadcast host is Fuad Tokad.
      If you wish to subscribe to the Internet edition of this news,
      send a blank email to: TurkC-L-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      NEWS

      Edited by Fuad Tokad

      * The Hurriyet Daily News reported that on Friday German chancellor hit back at the proposal of the Turkish prime minister to set up Turkish schools in Germany, ahead of her delicate two-day visit to Turkey amid a debate over Germany's opposition to Turkey's full European Union membership.
        The run-up to the March 29-30 visit has exposed the rift between the two countries anew with Chancellor Angela Merkel underlining her opposition to granting Turkey European Union membership and Turkey hitting back at her proposal for a "privileged partnership."
        "I do not think this brings us forward, as I think that Turkish children and students should go to German schools. I do not think much of the idea of Turkish children going to Turkish school," she told the Passauer Neue Presse regional newspaper.
        In an interview with Die Zeit weekly, Turkish prime minister Mr. Erdogan said: "In Turkey, we have German high schools. Why shouldn't there be Turkish high schools in Germany?"
        Mr. Erdogan, who in 2008 also caused a row by saying he was against the assimilation of the estimated 3.5 million Turkish immigrants and their descendants in Germany, also complained that Germany did not allow dual citizenship.
        In another potential point of discord between Turkey and Germany, Ms. Merkel has recently reiterated her opposition to Turkey becoming a full member of the European Union, saying, "My opinion has not changed and we need a privileged partnership" with Turkey. "I think there are a lot of issues we can collaborate with Turkey on and this will be an important topic on my visit," she told Passauer Neue Presse.
        Germany's objections that the mainly Muslim country is not fit for membership are backed by another European Union heavyweight, France, but Turkey categorically rejects any other alternative.
        Turkey immediately retorted that there was no alternative to European Union accession. "Our position is clear. There is no option for Turkey other than full membership," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Burak Ozugergin said.

      * Members of Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party presented their constitutional reform package to members of the foreign press on Saturday, reported Hurriyet Daily News.
        Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin outlined the proposed changes and drew special attention to proposed articles that have been controversial in the domestic media. The minister went over the proposed changes to the Constitutional Court and the new make up of the Supreme Council of Lawyers and Judges.
        Turkey's European Union negotiator Mr. Egemen Bagis, emphasized the importance of the changes and how the proposed amendments are just as important as opening new negotiation chapters with the European Union.
        Both Messrs. Ergin and Bagis, argued that in the process of writing the draft document the ruling party had consulted a wide range of experts and had encouraged opposition parties to submit their own drafts.

      * In related news, the Turkish daily Cumhuriyet reported that Justice and Development Party's constitutional package is not in conformity with Venice criteria as well as norms of the European Union and International Labor Organization.
        The package is against European Union's demand for the "independence of jurisdiction" the paper writes.
        Although European Union criticizes the presence of a minister and undersecretary in the Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors, the package does not include such an arrangement.
        Vice President of Turkey's Supreme Court of Judges and Prosecutors Kadir Ozbek said the roof of the state would collapse if the package was adopted. Responding to a question if there could be compromise, Judge Ozbek said, "to reach a consensus they first need to talk to us".
        Judge Ozbek said allegations that they were opposing the package to protect their positions deeply hurt them.

      * The Turkish daily Radikal reported that opposition parties do not support the proposed constitutional amendments of the governing Justice and Development Party. The main opposition Republican People's Party chairman Deniz Baykal criticized arrangements regarding jurisdiction and said the Justice and Development Party will be finalizing a civil coup with this constitutional amendment.
        Devlet Bahceli, chairman of Nationalist Movement Party, said if the process led to a referendum, his party was ready and determined to explain drawbacks of these amendments.

      * Agence France-Presse reported that NATO Chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen on Saturday urged the European Union to bring Turkey into the bloc's defense development arm and security structures.
        Turkey is one of the largest troop contributor to NATO, Agence France-Press writes, and Mr. Rasmussen is advocating, among others, its inclusion in the European Defense Agency.
        According to Agence France-Presse, Mr. Rasmussen was addressing top policymakers attending a transatlantic security conference in Brussels. Among the audience was the European Union parliament head Jerzy Buzek.
        Mr. Rasmussen is the former prime minister of Denmark and during his tenure in office he defended the cartoons that mocked Islam, writes the Agence France-Presse. When he was nominated to lead the NATO, Turkish officials initially objected to his nomination.
        Agence France-Presse also writes that Mr. Rasmussen is advising that the European Union should have security partnership with Turkey. The Union should also engage non-Union countries in its activities in Bosnia. He pointed out that Turkey is the second-largest contributor to the European Union operations in Bosnia.
        Turkey has been an associate member of the European Union since 1960s, and finally in 2005 was admitted as a candidate. As part of its candidacy, Turkey is required to undertake reforms in legal, commercial and educational fields. Agence France-Presse says that the pace of reforms are sluggish. Turkey is also refusing Greek Cyprus access to its ports. Agence France-Presse claims that these two points and the opposition by France and Germany is making Turkey's membership a "distant dream".

      * The Turkish daily Sabah reported today that Turkish citizens will begin using new passports with chips as of June 1, 2010.
        Each new passport will cost at least $200 in local currency to obtain.

      * The Turkish daily Cumhuriyet reported that Firdevsi Ermis who revealed the Deniz Feneri e.V charity's illegal activities with his testimony, apparently came to Turkey to testify not last month --as it is widely believed-- but a year ago.
        Mr. Ermis, who was sentenced to 1 year and 10 months in the case in Germany, apparently came to the Turkish capital Ankara on November 6 and 7 and gave a statement to prosecutors there.
        In addition to Mr. Ermis, German authorities convicted several Turks in Germany for illegally diverting the donations collected by the German operations of the Deniz Feneri e.V to purchase commercial buildings and establish companies.
        Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party became mired in the corruption scandal related to the Deniz Feneri ("Lighthouse"). The Dogan Media Group, in particular, jumped on the scandal, leading to a public feud between its owner Mr. Aydin Dogan and the prime minister Mr. Erdogan.
        Mr. Ermis told the Turkish prosecutors the details of how the 18 million Euro was channeled into Turkey for commercial non-charitable purposes.
        Germany, upon Turkey's refusal to allow its demand to interrogate the principals of the Deniz Feneri e.V. in Turkey, has been not responding to the call of the Turkish prosecutors for the hard disks containing unofficial accounting records and the fake receipts for seven months. Analysts say that these would deeply affect the course of the investigation in Turkey. Sources who spoke on condition of anonymity said the underlying cause was the lack of confidence in the Turkish government.
        Turkish prosecutors who are running the investigation in Turkey found a similar document to the accountant records in Germany. Turkish prosecutors who want to compare the two records also demanded the fake receipts issued for distribution of charities. Turkish officials are demanding the original receipts from Germany to make a forensic examination of the receipts.

      * A report by the Forbes magazine showed Turkey climbed from 29th place to 4th place in the ranking of countries with the fastest growing rate of unemployment, right behind Ireland, Slovakia and Denmark.
        Statistics authorities disclosed that the unemployment rose 3.2% in September, and the unemployment rate of the country climbed to 13.1%.
        Neighboring Greece ranked 10th with 9.7%.
        See more at:   http://www.forbes.com/

      * The Turkish daily Hurriyet reported on Thursday that police in Turkey took forty-six people under custody including former soccer players in a probe over a sports betting fraud.
        Police were searching for seven more people in the investigation that was set off after a prosecutor in Bochum, Germany sent a 600-page dossier to Turkey.
        UEFA Cup winners Galatasaray's former players Arif Erdem, Fatih Akyel and Evren Turhan are among the detainees.

      * The Turkish daily Radikal reported that a lawsuit was filed against German automobile giant Daimler in the U.S. as the company gave bribe in 22 countries for ten years.
        The file includes claims that Daimler's company in Turkey Mercedes Benz Turk gave bribe to the local municipal transportation agency in Izmir province and during sales to police department in the Turkish capital Ankara.

      * The Anatolia news agency reported Wednesday that a helicopter carrying Turkish troops in Afghanistan crashed on Tuesday, injuring two Turkish soldiers.
        Sikorsky S-70 Blackhawk was carrying four personnel and military equipment and went down near Wardak.

      * The Turkish daily Vatan reported that Irish President Mary McAleese, who paid a visit to Turkish President Abdullah Gul on Tuesday in the Turkish capital Ankara, explained friendship between Turkey and Ireland.
        "As one million people died in our country because of hunger in 1847, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire Abdulhamit I sent five ships loaded with foodstuffs to Drogheda region.
        "Irish people never forgot this generosity and chose moon and star of your flag as the symbol of the region," she added.
        Dogheda soccer club of Ireland in the premier league has moon and star in their team emblem.
        President McAleese also visited the Gallipoli Peninsula in northwestern Turkey where one of the fiercest fights of the First World War took place.
        She later unveiled a plaque to the almost 4,000 Irishmen who died at Gallipoli and were buried at Green Hill cemetery.
        In her speech, Mrs. McAleese praised Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the man who led the Turkish forces at Gallipoli and later became the founding father of the Turkish Republic, for his "generosity of spirit" in remembering all those who died there.
        She quoted from Ataturk: "There is no difference between the Johnnys and the Mehmets where they lie side by side here in this country of ours . . . You the mothers, who sent their sons from far-away countries, wipe away your tears. Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. Having lost their lives on this land, they have become our sons as well."
        See President McAlleese's visit at: http://www.president.ie/

      ARTS AND CULTURE

      Edited by Anita Donohoe

      * Concomitant with an increasing questioning of Turkey's official history, a new documentary on the women who were lost following the 1938 Dersim Operation seeks to illuminate a dark period in Turkish history, reports Vercihan Ziflioglu of the Hurriyet Daily News.
        "Two Locks of Hair: The Missing Girls of Dersim" focuses on the background of the military operation against Alevis in the eastern province of Tunceli (formerly known as Dersim) in 1938 by tracking down the girls who were sent into exile after the events.
        After 72 years of waiting, four 80-year-old women who experienced the incidents first hand, finally broke their silence on their trauma for the film. Documentary director Nezahat Gundogdu, who was born in Tunceli, started tracing the elderly women two years ago.
        Speaking to the Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review, Gundogdu said: "I attempted to find the women who suffered in these incidents. It never crossed my mind that the issue would go that deeper than that when I was beginning the research."
        Because of her individual connections, she succeeded in finding these four women who witnessed the events and making them talk, she said, adding that they told their own stories with their own words for the film.
        The documentary will be on screen as part of the Istanbul International Film Festival next month before heading to international festivals.
        See more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com

      * "Turkuazoo" aquarium's management released a statement to the Anatolian News Agency which said 500,000 people visited the giant aquarium in Istanbul since it was opened. Serkan Buyukomerler was the 500,000th person to visit the aquarium, and he has gained the right to free entry to the Turkuazoo and the right to dive with sharks.
        "We have reached 500,000 visitors in five months although we have only aimed at hosting one million people a year," Turkuazoo's director general Phil Crane said.
        Crane added the aquarium planned to bring new sea creatures for the summer and fall.
        Turkuazoo Istanbul Underwater World, constructed in Forum Shopping Mall in Istanbul, is an aquarium where one can see 10,000 different species of underwater creatures and 25,000 creatures.
        Cost around 17 million Euros, Turkuazoo is the first aquarium built in a shopping mall in the world.

      * Amateur fishers from various countries such as Italy, Croatia, Greece and Germany have been attending the "sportive fishing tournaments" organized in Cesme-Alacati, officials said on Monday. Speaking to ANA, Murat Egriboz, an official from the organizer tourism agency, said Monday that amateur sportive fishing, which was a sports branch popular in many countries, had many followers in Turkey as well.
        "We started our activities in this area in 2007 with 18 boats. In our second year, the number of boats rose up to 44, and last year, we reached 55 boats," Egriboz said.
        Commenting on the sportive fishing tournaments, Egriboz's business partner Ilknur Icingir said that participants got into a struggle with both each other and the fish they hunted during the competitions.
        "Competitors try to hunt tuna, swordfish, needlefish, toric and bonito off Alacati. They cannot get any points for the fish weighing below 20 kg. Tuna and swordfish are the ones that bring the highest points as they are the hardest to clash with. Fish that do not meet certain criteria are released back to the sea," Icingir said.

      * The Anatolian News Agency reports that Idil Biret received a great ovation at the end of her concert at London's Henrietta Barnett School on Sunday. Biret also took the stage together with "The Whitehall" orchestra at the St. John's Church in London on March 25.
        Idil Biret manifested an outstanding gift for music at the age of three and was trained at the Paris Conservatory under the tutelage of Nadia Boulanger.
        Since the age of sixteen Idil Biret has given concerts throughout the world with major orchestras including the London Symphony, the Philharmonia, BBC Orchestras, Leningrad Philharmonic, Boston Symphony, Leipzig Gewandhaus, Dresden Staatskapelle, Berlin Radio Symphony, French National Orchestra, Polish Radio Symphony, Orchestre Suisse Romande, Warsaw Philharmonic, Tokyo Philharmonic and Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
        Her recording of the complete works of Chopin was awarded a "Grand Prix du Disque Chopin" prize in Poland in 1995. In 2007, the Polish President decorated Biret with the "Distinguished Service Order - Cavalry Cross" for her contribution to Polish culture through her recordings and performances of Chopin's music.
        See more: http://en.cumhuriyet.com/

      * Puppet theater presents a fantastic opportunity for residents of Istanbul and Europeans to unite through culture, the head of Istanbul 2010 Agency said during festivities marking March 21 World Puppet Day.
        World Puppet Day, which also coincides with the beginning of the International Istanbul Puppet Festival, kicked off Sunday with a show by Dutch puppet group Duda Paiva Company. The festival, which is being organized with support from the Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture Agency, started at a ceremony held at Garajistanbul.
        During the opening ceremony, project art director Cengiz ozek said the festival, now in its 13th year, would continue for the next three months as part of the agency's events. Agency Secretary-General Yilmaz Kurt said the puppet festival marked one of the first opportunities for people in Istanbul to connect with Europe through the arts while reigning as the culture capital.
        Kurt also added that the city had had many great titles throughout history but that its present distinction represented a unique opportunity for both the city and the country.
        "The people and art managers of this city are speaking with Europeans for the first time in a universal language, sharing their products with them and finding the opportunity to work together. As the agency, we are bringing this strong cultural potential of our country to the agenda. Perhaps for the first time, art is being produced for all people of Istanbul, not only for its followers. And more importantly, it is consumed," Kurt said.
        "This is why Europeans make investments in art. We, for the first time, are making such a big and comprehensive investment in the field of culture and art policies."
        Speaking at the opening ceremony, International Puppet and Shadow Play Union Vice Chairwoman Annetta Dabs said: "Just like many other people, I was deeply affected by the earthquake in Haiti. When I viewed the scenes on TV and the Internet, I asked myself how the human dimension of such a disaster could be expressed in the most effective way."
        See more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/

      * An art exhibition titled "Homage to Homeros" featuring artwork by Turkish and American artists, opened today at the Second City Council Art Gallery in Long Beach. Hosted and organized by the Izmir-Long Beach Sister Cities Association, the art exhibition will feature contemporary art by Turkish and American artists with deep connections to Turkey.
        The artwork will be open for public viewing on Saturday, March 27th and Sunday, March 28th from 12:00 noon till 5:00 pm.
        The evening reception on Saturday will introduce the city of Izmir and Turkey, as well as sister-city program activities, to the Southern California community.
        " Homage to Homeros " reception will feature the artists and key note speakers accompanied by authentic music. "Izmir, Turkey, is a fascinating and beautiful city full of centuries of history and culture," said Dennis Aytekin, chairman of the Izmir-Long Beach Sister Cities Association.
        "This is a once-in-lifetime event that will share the wealth of this city with its partners here." The exhibition is curated by artist Jeyan Necla BEKAR. Works of artists in the exhibition include:

      •   Arzu Arda KOSAR
      •   Ciler CETINEL-CIFTCI
      •   Eren ALPTEKIN
      •   Latife WARSHAWSKY
      •   Mutlu ERTAC
      •   Neal LANGE
      •   Reyyan SOMUNCUOGLU
      •   Vanessa OZYURTCU

        In addition, the "Izmir Retrospective" exhibition featuring artifacts from Izmir, Turkey, will be open to the public between March 13 and May 5 in the separate trapezoid room of the gallery. The Second City Council Art Gallery and Performance Space was founded to promote the arts in Long Beach and offer a platform for introduction international arts and culture to the southern California community. It is located at 435 Alamitos Avenue, across from the Museum of Latin American Art. The art gallery is open from noon till 5pm, Wednesday through Sunday. More information about the gallery can be found at http://www.2ndcitycouncil.org.
        For the Izmir-Long Beach Sister City organization look at http://www.izmirlb.org .
        Sister Cities of Long Beach Inc. enjoys eight Sister Cities with communities around the world. It hosts more than 25 international delegations per year and the Annual International Sister City Festival, drawing thousands of attendees. For more information visit www.izmirlb.org.

      * Digital cameras may have made photography easier, but the best pictures remain those that excite the photographer before taking the shot, according to Fazil Sarac, a noted nature photographer and reporter for Anatolia news agency.
        Mr. Sarac, a native of Trabzon, a province in Turkey's eastern Black Sea region, first began photographing 40 years ago. In time, his signature pieces began to focus on unique shots of seagulls along Turkey's northern coast.
        After graduating from university, Mr. Sarac became a teacher and was posted to various locales around Turkey. An eventual assignment to the Central Anatolian province of Kayseri ignited a passion for photographer after he began contemplating the beauty of the local Mt. Erciyes. "Why don't I eternalize this beauty of Erciyes?" Sarac asked himself. "During my service in Kayseri between 1967 and 1970, I realized that a different scene appeared everyday on Mt. Erciyes. Of course, finding a camera was not as easy as it is today. I talked with a photographer who was sent by the Education Ministry to our school to take photos - he recommended a Russian camera, Lubitel, to me. I bought my first camera for 140 Turkish Liras. With great excitement, I took photos of Erciyes. These first photographs were very influential in increasing my passion for nature."
        Later, he began taking photos increasingly in his spare time. "During these years, I always traveled to various regions during my weekend holidays and took photos. My goal was to improve my talent and catch the best frame."
        Mr. Sarac's nature photography was also aided by his part-time work for Anatolia news agency, where he worked as a photographer. Having lived next to the sea in Trabzon until the age of 20, Sarac said he had always dreamed of photographing the movements of seagulls even then.
        After retiring, he began attaching greater importance to seagulls when taking photos as he attempted to see nature through their perspective. "Until the age of 20, I went out to sea with almost all the fishermen in Trabzon. I used to follow the movements of seagulls. The moments when they caught fish were particularly amazing for me. Of course, however, it was not possible to photograph these moments when I was young," he said.
        With the emergence of digital photograph technology, immortalizing the colorful world of seagulls became easier, Sarac said.
        "It is very nice but hard to take nature photos in winter months. Roads are closed and there are many handicaps. However, you can work on seagulls easily in winter. One day in a fisherman's hut where I went to take seagull photos, I was struck by the reflections of the colors of big boats on the sea. It made me very excited because I thought that I could take very good photos if I could bring together these reflections with seagulls," he said.
        See more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/

      * Applications to the "The Most Beautiful 50 Tulips" photography contest, which has been organized by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality in collaboration with the Istanbul Photography and Cinema Amateurs Association since 2005, will be accepted through April 17.
        According to the announcement on the municipality's website, photographs taken in Istanbul's woods, parks, gardens and green areas and single tulip photos can be submitted to the contest. The contest is open to everyone except relatives of the selection committee, reports Emrah Guler of the Hurriyet Daily News.
        Selection committee members include photography artists Feyza Berker, Firdevs Sayilan, Tufan Kartal, Ufuk Teksoy and Hasan Isik from the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.

      * Too much burden lies on the shoulders of Busra, both the headscarf-wearing heroine and the film of the same name. Director Alper caglar's debut feature, controversial by the very nature of its protagonists in love, had to seek to please conservatives, liberals, film enthusiasts and fans of the original cartoon character on which the movie was based.
        Despite tackling a delicate social matter, "Busra" is, at its core, a tragic love story, offering a Romeo and Juliet, Kate and Leo or Bella and Edward for Turkey's young masses. So, basically, they should be the final judges of the movie's success. But there is a slight problem here: The film is quite confused about its target demographic. While younger audiences will relate to some of the characters, their botched depictions will probably make it hard for the movie to resonate as a love story in the long run.
        The headscarf has been a symbol of polarization in Turkey's recent political history, becoming much more than a fashion choice with the infringement on freedoms to wear it in certain public places, the most controversial one being the country's universities. Certain liberals who fear Turkey becoming another Iran have made the headscarf the symbol of the ultimate threat to the nation's secular regime.
        These fear-mongers have equated genuine practicing Muslims with Shariah-inclined radical pro-Islamists. With this in mind, "Busra" becomes a very brave attempt at bringing together two social worlds separated in Turkey, those of Islamist conservatives and fear-mongering liberals. The words of co-writer Bahadir Boysal, the creator of the original cartoon character, ring true in this respect: "Why wasn't such a film made before? Why are we the first ones to have done it?"
        But though director and co-writer caglar and Boysal's genuine interest in breaking down certain barriers must be acknowledged, the film doesn't really accomplish what it sets out to do.
        The story goes like this: Busra (Mine Kilic) is a bright young woman who has just graduated from university and has a passion for journalism. For reasons not made clear to viewers, she tries her chances at a liberal newspaper, where she is rejected, audiences are left to assume, because of her headscarf. During that unfortunate meeting with the paper's editor, though, Busra briefly encounters the journalist/writer she will end up falling for.
        See more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/

      * 9th Tiburon International Film Festival just ended and the best film award went to the Turkish film "A Step into the Darkness". The film was directed by Mr. Atil Inac.
        Azeri director Elchin Musaoglu won the Frederico Fellini for his film "The 40th Door".
        Tiburon International Film Festival is an annual event, which seeks to provide a greater understanding of the world and its many cultures through the artistic medium of film, and through the top quality films from around the world. For more information visit http://www.TiburonFilmFestival.com

      EXCHANGE RATE

      EXCHANGE RATE for the U.S. dollar in New Turkish Liras: 1.53

      WEATHER

      High and Low Temperatures in Degrees F, Weather

      Ankara, in central Turkey:
      66/41 Mostly Sunny

      Antalya, on the Mediterranean:
      79/57 Partly Cloudy

      Istanbul, in northwestern Turkey:
      57/41 Mostly Sunny

      Izmir, on the Aegean:
      68/46 Mostly Sunny

      Van, in Eastern Turkey
      50/34 Partly Cloudy

      Trabzon, on the Black Sea:
      52/45 Partly Cloudy

      Snow depths at skiing locations:

      Erciyes, in Kayseri, Central Turkey
      10 inches

      Ilgaz, in Kastamonu, North Central Turkey
      22 inches

      Kartalkaya, in Bolu, Western Turkey
      47 inches

      Palandoken, in Erzurum, Eastern Turkey
      55 inches

      Sarikamis, in Kars, Eastern Turkey
      53 inches

      Uludag, in Bursa, Western Turkey
      47 inches

      SPORTS

      * Soccer

      * Premiere League

      * Results for week26
      Kasimpa$a-Be$iKta$2 - 2
      Diyarbakir Sp-Antalya Sp1 - 0
      Manisa Sp-B. $ehir Bld. Sp1 - 0
      Fenerbahce-G. Antep Sp1 - 0
      Sivas Sp-G. Birligi0 - 2
      Ankaragucu-Kayseri Sp3 - 0
      Trabzon Sp-G. Saray1 - 0
      Bursa Sp-Denizli Sp2 - 1

      In games played so far this weekend:27

      B. $ehir Bld. Sp-Bursa Sp2 - 1
      G. Birligi-Diyarbakir Sp1 - 0
      Be$iKta$-Eski$ehir Sp3 - 2

      Standing in the league as of week ending26

      1 -Bursa Sp58
      2 -G. Saray53
      3 -Fenerbahce52
      4 -Be$iKta$52
      5 -Trabzon Sp46
      6 -Eski$ehir Sp45
      7 -Kayseri Sp43
      8 -B. $ehir Bld. Sp40
      9 -G. Birligi35
      10 -Antalya Sp33
      11 -G. Antep Sp33
      12 -Kasimpa$a32
      13 -Ankaragucu29
      14 -Manisa Sp27
      15 -Diyarbakir Sp24
      16 -Sivas Sp24
      17 -Denizli Sp17
      18 -Ankara Sp0

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      [Saat 18:30 and 19:30 'da iki kez okuyun]

      *** On line Turkish classes:

      TurkishCampus.com

      *** This program is partially underwritten by CHIC FRENCH.

      Point your browsers to

      www.ChicFrench.com

      for fine European goods.

      *** Visit our eStore for your gifts:

      turkradio.us/estore

      for items from Turkey.

      Click HERE to search our eStore!

      *** Turkish American Association of California

      is a non-profit
      charitable organization established to promote better
      understanding between Americans and Turks.

      If you have any questions about Turks and Turkey,
      e-mail them from at taac@...

      *** Planning to go to Turkey?

      Take a look at our Web pages
      that are full of articles and information furnished by
      travelers like yourselves:

      travel.to/sunholiday

      *** For more music from Turkey and the Middle East tune to

      International Cultural Program.

      San Francisco World TV Channel 29
      Sundays at 9-10 A.M

      *** Yore dance invites you to:

      Free Turkish Folkdance Classes.

      Thursdays, 7:30 PM at Stanford,
      Sundays 2 PM at San Francisco

      Please contact with Yore Folk Ensemble for the details.

      Sundays 2 PM Regular Practice Location:
      Alonzo King LINES Dance Center;
      26 Seventh Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103
      Program:
      2:00 PM Warm up
      2:20 PM Teke
      4:00 PM Trakya
      4:30 PM Black Sea
      5:00-PM Stretch
      TELL YOUR FRIENDS who might be interested joining our group.
      All Dancers: Don't forget your exercise outfits and shoes.
      Yore Folk Ensemble

      *** Azerbaijani Turkish language classes

      will start on February 20th, Saturday 11am- 1pm at the ACSNC center.
      All are welcome to attend and learn more about our rich and beautiful mother tongue.

      Address: 16400 Lark Ave. Ste # 260, Los Gatos, CA 95032

      {201002027trh.txt}