dolphincadcam

  • motorworksnf
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi
      Is there anybody out there using dolphincadcam with turbocnc and how
      are you finding it with regard to one command per line etc?
      thanks
      eddie
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        I've had my taig dive into the material or try to run of the end stops
        before I found turboCNC doesn't like more that one command per line so
        I've been manually unpacking the lines.
        I'm sure it's possible to change the definition file for the
        pre-processor is dolphin but the help file doesn't seem to be much
        help!
        Has anyone found the cad part of dolphin to be much good? It seems to
        be seriously lacking....

        Cheers,
        Dave

        --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "motorworksnf" <motorworksnf@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi
        > Is there anybody out there using dolphincadcam with turbocnc and how
        > are you finding it with regard to one command per line etc?
        > thanks
        > eddie
      • Andrew Mawson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
          wrote:
          > Hi
          > Is there anybody out there using dolphincadcam with turbocnc and how
          > are you finding it with regard to one command per line etc?
          > thanks
          > eddie

          Eddie,

          I'm using Dolphin V7 on both my lathe and mill, and it works for me!
          As for the 'one command per line' - I just wrote my post processor to
          do that and it's seemless as far as I'm concerned.

          Andrew Mawson
        • Steve Blackmore
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
            On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:00:56 -0000, you wrote:

            >Has anyone found the cad part of dolphin to be much good? It seems to
            >be seriously lacking....

            In what way? I use it all the time for 2.5D mill and turn parts, and
            engraving - it's different, certainly, but fully featured when you
            learn how to use it.

            If I want to draw complex 3D parts I use Rhino or 3DSMax.

            --
            Steve Blackmore
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
              mmmmmm perhaps that's my problem I haven't taken the time to learn to
              use it, I don't find it intuitive, like I do turbo Cad and to an
              extent AutoCAD so perhaps I should RTFM :)

              Cheer All
              Dave E