Re: DOS driver for XP parallel port? O.T. kinda

  • jm_fong
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2004
      I wanted to see if it worked on my pc and had no problem getting
      turbocnc3.1a to run under XP using the Userport driver. I didn't
      check the newer releases since I don't have a copy.

      I didn't turn a actual stepper motor but just put my Oscope probe on
      one of the step pins and was able to "jog" and see the pulses. Just
      to make sure, I turned off Userport and no step pulses were
      available.

      My PC is running XP Pro on a older PII-400 machine.

      This is just a experiment and I don't think anyone should actually
      try to run a machine this way.

      BTW I even tried running Turbocnc under VMware, it worked to my
      amazement. Emulating a XP computer on a XP Pro host running a DOS
      program. How's that for kicks.

      Jim
      www.embeddedtronics.com

      --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "Carol & Jerry Jankura"
      <jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
      > Hi, Eric:
      >
      > I downloaded the driver and attempted to execute TurboCNC Rel-325
      and Rel-4
      > and found that neither would run properly. In each case, it
      appeared to
      > "hang" before either the main menu or desktop would be displayed.
      I suspect