Power failure during cutting process, What now?

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      Morning all, Thank you for being here too.
      Yesterday the power went out during a cutting process, My piece was
      somewhere close to completion and I didn't want to start over again
      from the beginning. Unfortunately my g-code processor does not
      generate line numbers so I didn't know from there.
      Does TurboCNC have the ability to start somewhere in the middle of
      the cut file??

      TIA
      Peace
      Neil
    • John Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        I just edit the nc file, delete what's already been done, then save
        to a new file. When doing a really long run, I usually periodically
        jot down an XY coordinate pair every once in awhile. If something
        happens, I can search for those coordinates in the file, then remove
        everything before that, adding back Z positioning, etc. It also helps
        to have home switches and save your tool offsets. I always switch
        to tool 1 in jog mode and set the zero point. That way I can home
        the machine, reload the offsets, and at least have the correct
        zero point.

        Regards,
        JJ

        On Thursday, Apr 1, 2004, at 06:51 US/Eastern, Neil wrote:

        > Morning all, Thank you for being here too.
        > Yesterday the power went out during a cutting process, My piece was
        > somewhere close to completion and I didn't want to start over again
        > from the beginning. Unfortunately my g-code processor does not
        > generate line numbers so I didn't know from there.
        > Does TurboCNC have the ability to start somewhere in the middle of
        > the cut file??
        >
        > TIA
        > Peace
        > Neil

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

      • Dave Mucha
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <njackso@c...> wrote:
          > Morning all, Thank you for being here too.
          > Yesterday the power went out during a cutting process, My piece
          was
          > somewhere close to completion and I didn't want to start over again
          > from the beginning. Unfortunately my g-code processor does not
          > generate line numbers so I didn't know from there.
          > Does TurboCNC have the ability to start somewhere in the middle of
          > the cut file??
          >
          > TIA
          > Peace
          > Neil

          V 4 is suposed to <grin>

          Remove the cutter.

          First, back-up (copy) your file to save it intact.

          put in M00 about where you expected the last fully machined thing to
          be and run your program again. it will pause at the M00 (tool change)
          user key stroke (spacebar) to continute.

          If you can spot places in the code where you know you have been, some
          location, you can delete the code up to that point to save time.

          If you have multiple points where you think it chould be put in
          bunches of M00's. You can then count how many times you hit the
          spacebar to figure out which one you passed, or you could add a
          comment for each one M00 you inserted,

          M00 ;0ne
          <code>
          M00 ;two