Re: [turbocnc] Will this work with turbocnc?

  • benedict@hawaii.rr.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
      Excellent! Any idea what the minimum order is? If it's more than one
      unit, I'd be interested in going in on a buy so I can pick one up. Even
      if it doesn't work as a touch probe, I'm sure there are other things they
      can be applied for.

      Badass!

      Tom

      On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Brad wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I found this link posted on another user group. It's a touch probe
      > that's very cheap at $29.00 bucks. I was wondering if it could be
      > used with turbocnc.
      >
      > Brad
      >
      > The link:
      >
      > http://oeiwcs.omron.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?
      > prrfnbr=387&prmenbr=316
      >
      > P.S. the link will need to be pasted in the address bar in two
      > segments to get both lines in there.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Brad

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
          Hi Brad,

          Good find! I think they could be used for TCNC as a touch probe. The only
          thing to watch will be vibration but I think the product has a lot going for
          it. I did wonder if they could be adapted for limit/zero swithes. The
          claimed accuracy is good enough for most purposes.

          David

          > I found this link posted on another user group. It's a touch probe
          > that's very cheap at $29.00 bucks. I was wondering if it could be
          > used with turbocnc.
          >
          > Brad
          >
          > The link:
          >
          > http://oeiwcs.omron.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?
          > prrfnbr=387&prmenbr=316
          >
          > P.S. the link will need to be pasted in the address bar in two
          > segments to get both lines in there.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David Goadby
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
            Hi Brad (again)

            I have had a closer look at the datasheet and I think the way to go would be
            use the version with a cone head and araldite an extension onto it with a
            shaft and standard ball. (say 2mm). The jiggler versions are good for two
            axis only.

            I am going to try Omron UK and get some prices and delivery details. I may
            even get a sample ;-)

            David

            > I found this link posted on another user group. It's a touch probe
            > that's very cheap at $29.00 bucks. I was wondering if it could be
            > used with turbocnc.
            >
            > Brad
            >
            > The link:
            >
            > http://oeiwcs.omron.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?
            > prrfnbr=387&prmenbr=316
            >
            > P.S. the link will need to be pasted in the address bar in two
            > segments to get both lines in there.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David Goadby
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
              Brad & fellow list members

              I have found a source of the switches in UK and I have ordered one to carry
              out an evaluation. I will report back to the list with the results.

              UK prices are not as good as US though - 31UKP. Too often distributors do a
              1:1 conversion. I know that they have to pay for carriage, duty etc. but
              this is still a rip-off!

              David

              > I found this link posted on another user group. It's a touch probe
              > that's very cheap at $29.00 bucks. I was wondering if it could be
              > used with turbocnc.
              >
              > Brad
              >
              > The link:
              >
              > http://oeiwcs.omron.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?
              > prrfnbr=387&prmenbr=316
              >
              > P.S. the link will need to be pasted in the address bar in two
              > segments to get both lines in there.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • campgems
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
                Looks like a neat probe. However, did you notice that it is listed
                as a Non Stock item. Might be a long wait of one or two.

                Has anyone looked at the Digikey type suppliers to see if they stock
                them?

                Don