Re: G2,G3 or G72,G73

  • notoneleft
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Since I won't be using G17, G18 or G19, then I can just use G2 or G3
      and add the Z for the depth, right? Are there any problems with full
      circles, or should they be broken up into 180° moves? Thanks

      Gerry

      --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "Carol & Jerry Jankura"
      <jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
      > Hi, Gerry:
      >
      > Ver 4 has expanded the functionality of G02/03 to do the same work
      that
      > G72/73 have in Rel 3.x. There are differences, however. V3 uses the
      position
      > of the variables in the block to determine the plane which is
      circular and
      > the plane which is linear - that is G72 x2 y2 z3......
      > will cut a circle in xy while it moves z linearly, G72 y2 z3 x2....
      will cut
      > a circle in the yz plane while x moves linearly. G02/03 uses
      G17/18/19 to
      > determine the circular plane and linear movement because G02/03
      does NOT
      > depend on the positional location of the axes in the block.
      >
      > One other thing - I mentioned that Ver 4 does not scale a part. I
      should
      > have said that it does not directly scale a part. However, if you
      were to
      > write your code in the form:
      >
      > G00 X3*#1 Y4*#2 Z5*#3
      >
      > You could set variables 1, 2, 3 for the scale factors.
      >
      > -- Jerry

    • Carol & Jerry Jankura
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hi, Gerry:

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi, Gerry:

          By the time Ver 4 is released, there won't be any problems with cutting
          circles and having the backlash properly applied.

          Even though you'd plan on only using X, Y, and Z, I think that I'd still add
          G17 to the start of my code. This would make your code more bullet proof.

          -- Jerry