Re: rs274

  • Antonius J.M. Groothuizen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      Asi:

      I spent a fair amount of time looking...

      The RS-274D standards themselves appear to only be available from
      organizations authorized to sell them.

      A good document for RS-274/NGC is available at
      http://linuxcnc.org/handbook/RS274NGC_3/RS274NGC_3TOC.html This is
      an extended version of RS-274 D.

      I also found a document for RS-274 Z on the www.barco.com website.
      This is also an extended form of the language.

      Your best bet is the documentation for whatever package that you are
      using. ALL systems have their idiosyncrasies and deviate from the
      standard to some extent.

      Tony

      --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "asi" <asigraph@b...> wrote:
      > hi to all
      > how or where can i find the RS274
      > language documentation for the cnc g code "standard"
      > thanks asi
    • Dave Mucha
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "asi" <asigraph@b...> wrote:
        > hi to all
        > how or where can i find the RS274
        > language documentation for the cnc g code "standard"
        > thanks asi

        Each vendor implements G-codes in a specific way to facilatate the use
        of their product.

        since there are mostly similarities, select a software package and
        learn that one variety.

        Most of the code is similar in that there are line numbers, and G-codes
        and comments are seperated by a : or ( indicator.

        Much like each machine is different, feed rates will often be more
        machine dependant than software.

        Then as you use different machines and different software, all you need
        to do is to review what you want to do and how that supplier does it.

        The complexity is in the confusion. once you start to use the
        software, you quickly learn the requirements. Then when you move to
        another machine, the learning curve is very slight.

        Dave