Re: [turbocnc] Re: RUNNING TURBOCNC ON RASPBERRY PI

  • Doug Fortune
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 16, 2013
      David, I applaud your efforts to target the BeagleBone Black. It has
      LOTS of I/O, something that RasPi's lack (ie 60+ versus only ~8), not to
      mention 1000Mhz versus 700Mhz. Lately, DigiKey.com has been stocking
      the BB Black for $45.

      Doug Fortune

      On 13-06-16 07:25 AM, David Goadby wrote:

      > Well I am not done with trying on this.
      >
      > First, I have a C version of TCNC that I have been working on for a
      > long time. Basically, I transliterated (IIRC) the Pascal to C and
      > re-engineered the quirky stuff. I used Borland TurboC 5.5 as it runs
      > on a DOS platform.
      >
      > In the meantime I discovered Lazarus so I started a parallel project
      > to see how far I could get.
      >
      > I have now discovered that is is possible to compile Lazarus Pascal to
      > ARM code. This gets me to my current target board of choice which is
      > BeagleBone Black. I have RPi's and Arduiono's too but I prefer the
      > BeagleBone platform as there is a touch-screen LCD available.

    • James Newton
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 17, 2013
        If you open source the code, e.g. check it into github or source forge or whatever, then I and others could help you with it.

        I would personally LOVE to see TCNC running on a PI.

        --
        James Newton
        massmind.org