Re: [turbocnc] RUNNING TURBOCNC ON RASPBERRY PI

  • David Knaack
    Message 1 of 40 , May 28, 2013
      If you really want to use the RasPi for this, I think the simplest approach
      would be to get a stepper driver, say a Pololu model for $10:
      http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1182
      Mount that onto a piece of perf board, wire up the stepper and stepper
      power supply, and connect the step and direction inputs to the GPIO on the
      RasPi.

      I'd recommend using Python on the RasPi to control the GPIO pins to create
      your movement script. It's very easy to learn this, programming education
      is the core mission for the RasPi, after all. You can build a user
      interface in python to use during development, and read a button connected
      to the GPIO pins for when you are in the field (presumably without a
      screen).

    • James Newton
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 17, 2013
        If you open source the code, e.g. check it into github or source forge or whatever, then I and others could help you with it.

        I would personally LOVE to see TCNC running on a PI.

        --
        James Newton
        massmind.org