TurboCNC configuration

  • ew828@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Art
      we have moved on a bit and now have all the axes moving in the correct directions and the correct amount both when jogging and running a GCode file.
      Our problem now is the feed rates.

      We are metric and the feedrate in the GCode file is F600 which is 600 mm/minute (translated by VCarvePro 6.5 from 10 mm/second).

      The problem is that the machine does not move at this feed rate but very much slower. I have looked at the .INI file but cannot see any variable to change to speed up the machine.

      Any ideas?

      regards
      Ewart
    • Art Eckstein
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
        Ewart,
        Grabbing at straws here, but what do you have the maximum velocity
        set at in your configuration for each axis???

        Arty
        Country Bubba

        At 07:21 AM 2/18/2013, you wrote:

        >Hi Art
        >we have moved on a bit and now have all the axes moving in the
        >correct directions and the correct amount both when jogging and
        >running a GCode file.
        >Our problem now is the feed rates.
        >
        >We are metric and the feedrate in the GCode file is F600 which is
        >600 mm/minute (translated by VCarvePro 6.5 from 10 mm/second).
        >
        >The problem is that the machine does not move at this feed rate but
        >very much slower. I have looked at the .INI file but cannot see any
        >variable to change to speed up the machine.
        >
        >Any ideas?
        >
        >regards
        >Ewart
      • jeremy youngs
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 18, 2013
          g20 or g21?
          did you put a . after your feed rate?
          did you use g1 to call up linear interpolation ?
          I.E is your g code solid?
          --
          jeremy youngs