Re: TurboCNC setup with 3 axis xylotex - 169oz/in steppers - 1/4-20 screws

  • jeffalanp
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
      Hi,

      If you are running at 24VDC, and your power supply can be adjusted (many switching power supplies can), then try adjusting the voltage up to around 27.5 volts. While this will only give a few percent speed increase, it's worth a try. The maximum running voltage of the drive is 30VDC, while the abs. max. is 35VDC, so if you can get up to just under (but not over) 30VDC it will help. The head room between 30 and 35 volts is for deceleration voltage spike, etc. so keep it there.

      Another thing you can try is to add inertial dampers to the motors, if you have dual shaft motors. Extra vibrations can sap power out of the motor and not allow it to be delivered to the equipment. You can make dampers yourself (there are many examples to be found on the net).

      Jeff
      www.xylotex.com