settings for turbocnc and gecko drive

  • klm.machine
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
      I have a c-10 breakout board turbocnc software and g201 gecko drive.
      On the c-10 board I have jumpers set to comm +5V , pins 2-9 output , then there is a jumper for pull up or pull down , I don't understand what this means .Also please explain in turbocnc where you set step direction pin to active hi or low what is proper setting for use with g201.
      Thank You
    • Art Eckstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
        Go to "Configure", "Configure Axis" for the axis
        involved (will have to check each one) and it is in the middle of the screen.

        And from the FAQ page on the Gecko site:

        "With all drives except for the G203V, set the
        “Ports and Pins” setting to “Active Low”. If it
        is a G203V, G250, G251, or G540 set it to “Active
        High”. On all drives, set the step pulse width to 2µS."

        So you will want to set to Active Low.

        As for pullup or pulldown resistors, it depends
        on how your system is setup. I am assuming here
        we are refering to such things as limit/home
        switches. IF you use a switch that is normally
        closed and one end is connected to ground and the
        other to the pin in question, you would want to
        use a pullup resistor. This means that normally
        the closed switch will keep the pin at ground
        potential and if the switch opens (trips), OR is
        you were to have a connection come loose, then the input will be activated.

        If on the other hand, the switch is normally open
        and one end is connected to a Positive supply and
        the switch closes (trips the input), you will
        want to keep the input at ground potential with a
        pull down resistor so the input can go high on tripping of the switch.

        Note: it is better to use pullup's for the
        "safety switches" as noted above, as a broken
        wire or bad connection will cause a trip
        also. With the pulldown, you won't know if
        anything is wrong until the switch circuit won't work!

        Country Bubba