Is anyone running TCNC with FreeDOS?

  • R.L. Wurdack
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Is anyone out there running TCNC with FreeDOS?

      D.

    • Johan Van den Brande
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi,

        Yes, I'm running on FreeDOS. For me it works perfect. I had to do some
        fiddling before I could get it to run, mostly concerned with the setup
        of FreeDOS and networking.

        TurboCNC runs fine on this.

        regards,
        Johan

        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM, R.L. Wurdack <dickw@...> wrote:
        > Is anyone out there running TCNC with FreeDOS?
        >
        > D.

        "The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet." - William Gibson
      • Denis
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2010
          Yes I use freedos both with turbocnc and cncpro and it's good. You can download a CD version which comes loaded with additional software, including packet drivers, and excellent text editors. It will boot off the cdrom. It has lots more enhancements that m$dos, like command completion, and doskey built in.

          --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "R.L. Wurdack" <dickw@...> wrote:

          > Is anyone out there running TCNC with FreeDOS?
          >
          > D.

        • R.L. Wurdack
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2010
            Thanks much. Since I asked the original question I have downloaded FreeDOS and am using it with similar results to yours.

            D.