controlling additional I/O from TurboCNC

  • mcinq1970
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hello,

      Sorry for asking this question if it has already been asked. I searched the messages and could not find the specific answer.

      Is is possible to control addition I/O from within a G code program in Turbo CNC? I see I get one PLC hand shake out and one in. Can I setup more? If so how?

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • das_innere_ich
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
        You can use the M10 command along with the Clamp select bits, and the M70, M71, M72 and M73 commands. Using these lines and a set of logic circuits or a microcontroller, you can have 16 I/O lines out from 5 Ouputs and 1 input. This is only for functions like switching on or off something or sensig status of f.ex a clamp or the drawbar... whatever you want.

        To check the signal of your ATC, you can f.ex set it to I/O no.4.
        M10 Q4
        M71
        M73
        M70
        This translates to: Switch to I/O no.4. Activate ouput and wait for status line. When handshake is high, turn off output.

        For the M10 command to work, you will have to set up all the lines related to this function. I just set the rest of the functions to one of the parallel ports that is not in use. Works fine for me.

        I use most of these lines for my toolchanger (M10 Q3 is toolholder no.3 Combined with the M6 T8 I can place the tools anywhere I want on the ATC.) but I still have 8 free. But then again, I have 2 bob's so I don't really need it.

        I have started adding functions to TCNC through the use of microcontrollers. Works great!